With the merger complete, the combined CenterPoint Energy and Vectren company now serves more than 7 million natural gas and electric customers in eight states and represents a significant step toward its vision to lead the nation in energy delivery, service and value. Expect extraordinary things in the evolution of our customer solutions and digital transformation technologies. Our forward-thinking focus is on people – our customers, employees, communities and shareholders, which help us maintain a solid foothold in the energy sector.
We’ve created an energy delivery company with electric and natural gas utility businesses and competitive energy businesses that benefit our shareholders, customers, employees and communities.
Electric Transmission & Distribution and Power Generation
We maintain the wires, poles, and electric infrastructure serving more than 2.5 million metered customers in the greater Houston area and in southwestern Indiana. We also own and operate nearly 1,300 megawatts of electric generation capacity in Indiana. Our employees are committed to the reliable delivery of electricity generated from power plants and renewable energy resources to homes and businesses.
Natural Gas Distribution
We sell and deliver natural gas to 4.5 million homes and businesses in eight states: Arkansas, Indiana, Louisiana, Minnesota, Mississippi, Ohio, Oklahoma, and Texas, including the high-growth areas of Houston and Minneapolis. We’re investing in modernizing our natural gas infrastructure and are committed to eliminating cast-iron pipe in all of our territories.
Competitive Energy Businesses
Our competitive energy businesses include three areas: natural gas marketing and energy-related services; energy efficiency, sustainability and infrastructure modernization solutions; and construction and repairs services for pipeline systems, primarily natural gas. Our competitive energy businesses footprint spans nearly 40 states.
Diversified, Committed and Experienced
Now CenterPoint Energy and Vectren offer a greater, diversified company with compelling advantages and benefits to its customers.
- Opportunities to leverage combined talent, skills and resources to enhance already award-winning customer service levels.
- Ability to share best practices for service, reliability and technology across the combined company’s footprint.
- Opportunities to leverage and expand competitive energy-related services across ta larger U.S footprint.
- Opportunities for long-term efficiencies in the delivery of energy and energy services to customers.
- Committed to make a positive difference in the lives of stakeholders and use our combined resources to help address needs in our communities.
We will continue to invest in our infrastructure and emerging technologies that provide our customers with innovative personalized energy delivery services.
To learn more about Vectren, please visit
Terms and conditions