Gas and electric appliances
Conditions of CenterPoint Energy's Home Service Plus® (HSP) Core Heating Repair Plan:
- This contract applies to one single family residence per contract.
- Appliances and equipment must meet code requirements and be in operating condition at the time contract service begins. CenterPoint Energy must have safe access to and safe working conditions at and around the appliances and equipment.
- CenterPoint Energy shall not be responsible for charges for service or parts you have others provide.
- CenterPoint Energy may not be able to make certain repairs due to unavailability of parts from its regular parts suppliers, which include several major parts distributors. Unavailability can result from parts no longer being manufactured. The likelihood of parts being unavailable is greater with older appliances. CenterPoint Energy also reserves the right to restrict specific makes of appliances from eligibility due to non-availability of parts. The choice of parts to be used shall be at the discretion of CenterPoint Energy.
- CenterPoint Energy reserves the right not to repair the appliance and to recommend replacement by you when the cost of repair exceeds the value of the existing appliance.
- CenterPoint Energy is not responsible for losses of any kind, including direct or indirect damages, death, illness, or injury resulting from conditions or events beyond CenterPoint Energy's control that impair CenterPoint Energy's ability to provide services under this contract. Such conditions include piping, venting or other pre-existing incompatible sizing issues, unavailability of parts, labor difficulties, extreme weather conditions, acts of God, and other conditions beyond CenterPoint Energy's control. CenterPoint Energy is not responsible for indirect, consequential, or incidental damages (indirect losses or injuries) in any circumstance.
- CenterPoint Energy may, at its discretion, use qualified contractors to fulfill all or any part of its obligation under the terms of this agreement. In the event we are unable to provide service due to factors beyond our control, customers may submit invoices for covered repairs completed by other providers for reimbursement by CenterPoint Energy.
- CenterPoint Energy's Home Service Plus Repair Plan does not cover any material, parts and labor required as the result of abuse, vandalism, fire, freezing, acts of God, power or water supply outages, flooded cellars other than main sewer back-ups (if coverage has been selected), damage due to animal activity, or other abnormal conditions. CenterPoint Energy will not be required to perform repair plan services until any asbestos hazard is eliminated and CenterPoint Energy determines, at its discretion, that no hazard exists.
- You are purchasing the Core Heating Plan contract for one full year.
- If you choose to cancel prior to the end of the 12-month contract (other than as provided under paragraph 14) and you have had a service call(s): you will be required to pay for the difference of the cost of any service call(s) received less any payments already made on your contract.
- For your convenience, if you move from the covered residence during the term of your Core Heating Plan contract, your Core Heating Plan contract will be transferred to your new address, if it is within the HSP service territory. When you transfer your account, your Core Heating Plan anniversary date will be adjusted, with the 12-month term beginning on your transfer date.
- To ensure continued protection, the contract will be automatically renewed at the end of 12 months at regular non-promotional prices and terms then in effect, unless cancelled by you or CenterPoint Energy in writing to the other within thirty (30) days of your contract anniversary date.
- Coverage on all optional appliances, maintenance and/or replacement plans will be automatically renewed on your basic Repair Plan contract anniversary date at the regular non-promotional prices and terms then in effect for optional appliance coverage.
- CenterPoint Energy may make material changes to this agreement during the one-year term of this agreement. If CenterPoint makes such a material change it will provide you advance written notice of the change. At that time, you will have the opportunity to cancel this contract, if you wish, by providing written notice of termination to CenterPoint within thirty (30) days of such notice. The current terms, conditions, pricing, and parts list are available online at CenterPointEnergy.com/HSPprices.
- If payments are late on Repair Plans, Maintenance Plans, Maintenance Services, or equipment purchased from CenterPoint Energy, we may demand immediate payment of the greater of the entire amount you owe under the terms of this contract or immediate payment of the cost (labor and parts) of all service provided to you less any payments made by you to CenterPoint Energy. Further, if your Repair Plan account reaches 120 days past due, CenterPoint Energy will cancel your Repair Plan, including all optional coverage. You remain liable for the amount owed at date of cancellation as set forth above.
- Inspections and routine preventive maintenance are not covered by the Home Service Plus Core Heating Plan but are available at an extra charge.
- Parts not shown in the coverage chart and related labor are not covered.
Not covered under plan:
- Appliance installation, disconnection, inspection, and manufacturer-recommended maintenance.
- Installation of factory update or factory upgrade kits.
- Labor and materials for cleaning boiler water, draining expansion tanks, venting radiators and water supply problems separate from the appliance.
- Labor or equipment rental cost of gaining access to or removal of any unit that requires special equipment or tools such as cranes, ladder trucks, etc.
- Labor and materials for repair or replacement of covered appliances and parts: heat exchangers, humidifiers, air cleaners, air filters, correction of any problems connected directly to the air distribution system such as duct work, register faces, zone controls, accessories, or the like.
- Damage caused by corrosion, corrosion occurring in an atmosphere containing chlorine or rust and any other labor or parts not shown on the included coverage chart.
Home Service Plus Repair Plan coverage chart. The Core Heating Repair Plan covers the indicated parts and labor to install them for the appliances you have covered.
FURNACE (GAS OR
ELECTRIC) or BOILER
Belts and Pulleys
Blower Motor (fan motor)
Circulating Pump Assembly
Electric Heating Element
(integral to unit)
External Solenoid (Mini-
Flue Collector Box
Induced Draft Assembly
Low Water Cutoff
Pressure Relief Valve
Radiants (space heater)
Vent: metal connector from appliance to chimney
Vent: horizontal PVC venting from appliance to termination
GAS OR ELECTRIC
Drain Valve (drain cock)
Resettable Thermal Switch
Run Off Tube
Vent (metal connector
from appliance to
Vent (horizontal PVC
venting from appliance to
Vent Fan Motor