CenterPoint Energy’s authorized contractor, Michels Corporation, are continuing to connect natural gas service lines to the installed mains along the project’s route. Below are the construction details:
- We appreciate your patience as we continue the construction process.
CenterPoint Energy’s authorized contractor, Michels Corporation, are continuing to connect natural gas service lines to the installed mains along the project’s route. The crews have connected the service lines on Oregon Avenue S. The crews are currently working on Sumter Avenue S. and Rhode Island Avenue S. north of Cedar Lake Road. These two streets will be done with the service line connections by this Monday, June 10. Then the service line crews are moving to Nevada Avenue S. and Quebec Avenue S.
CenterPoint Energy’s authorized contractor, Michels Corporation, have installed natural gas mains along the project’s streets south of Cedar Lake Road. Within the next three weeks, the crews anticipate installing the rest of the project’s natural gas mains.
Last week the crews began connecting natural gas service lines to the installed mains. By this Friday, May 31, they anticipate connecting the rest of the natural gas service lines along Oregon Avenue S. They will then transition to Sumter Avenue S.
CenterPoint Energy’s authorized contractor, Michels Corporation, have installed natural gas mains along Nevada Avenue S. and Oregon Avenue S. The crews are currently installing mains along Sumter Avenue S. and 23rd Street W. Next week the crews are planning to install mains along Rhode Island Avenue S. and Quebec Avenue S.
Where, when, and why is CenterPoint Energy performing construction?
From the week of April 29 to mid-summer 2019, CenterPoint Energy’s authorized contractor, Michels Corporation, will be replacing natural gas mains and connecting natural gas service lines to the installed mains in St. Louis Park along selected streets between Texas Ave. S. and Hampshire Ave. S. and between 22nd St. W. and 26th St. W.
CenterPoint Energy’s work will be done in coordination with the City of St. Louis Park’s Pavement Management 2019
project. For more information on the city’s project, please visit its website.
What are the estimated traffic impacts?
- Residents and local businesses will have access to their properties.
- Construction will occur in segments along the construction route, rather than all at once. Lane restrictions are anticipated in areas where active construction is occurring and are necessary to keep both the public and construction personnel safe.
- CenterPoint Energy’s authorized contractor, Q3 Contracting, will restore the areas affected by Michels Corporation’s construction—typically the boulevard, lawn, sidewalk and road.
How may the natural gas service line installations affect customers?
- As part of this main project, the crews will be replacing several natural gas service lines that connect from the main to the customer’s property. Customers will experience a short disruption of gas service as the crews are installing the gas service line.
- Crews may have to dig in the ground on your property in the utility easement to complete the task of service and main distribution line replacement. If a customer’s property is disturbed, CNP will restore the hard and soft surfaces affected by construction at no cost to you.
- In addition to the natural gas service line installation, some customers may also have their inside gas meters moved to the outside of their homes as part of CenterPoint Energy’s long-term improvement project called “Moving Gas Meters Outside.” Please
click here to find out more about our project and
click here to see a one-page fact sheet with photographs of a meter move.
What is CenterPoint Energy’s mission, and how can I contact CenterPoint Energy?
At CenterPoint Energy, we are committed to providing timely and relevant information to our customers and the general public to minimize inconvenience or disruption due to our construction activities. CNP has provided safe, clean and efficient natural gas service to Minnesota communities for more than 145 years. We are proud of this record and strive to improve it by educating the public about the benefits of natural gas at CenterPointEnergy.com/BeSafe.
Updates will be posted on this Project Status page. For any questions, you can contact one of the following resources:
- Hannah Gullickson – 612-321-5546
Please reference the project name or number 88035778 when calling. We appreciate your business and look forward to continuing to serve you. Thank you very much.