- The project’s remaining service line connections are expected to last into December, pending weather and the crews’ progress. The crews coordinate the service line connections with residents.
Crews from CenterPoint Energy’s authorized contractor, Michels Corporation, have replaced the natural gas mains on Belgrade, Nicollet and South Avenues (in addition to Page Avenue and Range Street). In the week of September 16, the crews are moving north to Lake Street and Park Avenue to replace the natural gas main, moving east along Park Avenue.
In the week of September 9, crews from CenterPoint Energy’s authorized contractor, Michels Corporation, will begin installing new natural gas mains for this project. They will begin in the eastern half of the project, first on Page Avenue and Range Street, then working south toward Belgrade Avenue, then working west on Nicollet Avenue before working on South Avenue. This area will take approximately two weeks for the installments.
Where, when, and why is CenterPoint Energy performing construction?
From the week of September 9 until late fall 2019, CenterPoint Energy’s authorized contractor, Michels Corporation, will be replacing natural gas mains and connecting natural gas service lines to the installed mains in North Mankato’s Belgrade Avenue Neighborhood. Construction will occur along selected streets between Lee Boulevard and Range Street and between Lakeview Avenue and South Avenue.
What are the estimated traffic impacts?
- Residents and local businesses will have access to their properties.
- CenterPoint Energy’s authorized contractor, Q3 Contracting, will restore the areas affected by Michels Corporation’s construction—typically the boulevard, lawn, sidewalk and road.
How may the natural gas service line installations affect customers?
- As part of this main project, the crews will be replacing several natural gas service lines that connect from the main to the customer’s property. Customers will experience a short disruption of gas service as the crews are installing the gas service line.
- Crews may have to dig in the ground on your property in the utility easement to complete the task of service and main distribution line replacement. If a customer’s property is disturbed, CNP will restore the hard and soft surfaces affected by construction at no cost to you.
- In addition to the natural gas service line installation, some customers may also have their inside gas meters moved to the outside of their homes as part of CenterPoint Energy’s long-term improvement project called “Moving Gas Meters Outside.” Please
click here to find out more about our project and
click here to see a one-page fact sheet with photographs of a meter move.
What is CenterPoint Energy’s mission, and how can I contact CenterPoint Energy?
At CenterPoint Energy, we are committed to providing timely and relevant information to our customers and the general public to minimize inconvenience or disruption due to our construction activities. CNP has provided safe, clean and efficient natural gas service to Minnesota communities for more than 145 years. We are proud of this record and strive to improve it by educating the public about the benefits of natural gas at CenterPointEnergy.com/BeSafe.
Updates will be posted on this Project Status page. For any questions, you can contact one of the following resources:
- Hannah Gullickson – 612-321-5546
Please reference the project name or number 89343214 when calling. We appreciate your business and look forward to continuing to serve you. Thank you very much.