CenterPoint Energy’s authorized contractor, Michels Corporation, have been progressing on CenterPoint Energy’s “Waite Park Concrete Rehabilitation 2019” project. Below are the construction details:
- The crews have been connecting natural gas service lines to the installed mains on Garfield and Arthur Streets NE between 33rd Avenue NE and St. Anthony Parkway. They will continue these connections for approximately three more weeks.
CenterPoint Energy’s authorized contractor, Michels Corporation, are continuing to connect natural gas service lines to the installed mains. So far the crews have connected service lines on Ulysses Street NE between 31st and 33rd Avenues NE and on Hayes Street NE between 32nd Avenue NE and St. Anthony Parkway. By approximately next Wednesday, June 19, the crews will finish the connections on Hayes up to 33rd Avenue NE. Then the crews will move onto Garfield Street NE starting at 33rd Avenue NE working south to St. Anthony Parkway.
CenterPoint Energy’s authorized contractor, Michels Corporation, is progressing on the Waite Park Concrete Rehabilitation 2019 job. Below are the construction details:
- The crews have installed natural gas mains along Ulysses, Hayes, Garfield and Arthur Streets NE between St. Anthony Parkway and 33rd Avenue NE and along 31st Avenue NE between Ulysses and Arthur Streets NE.
- Between now and approximately Wednesday, May 29, the crews will install natural gas mains along Arthur Street NE’s alley and 29th Avenue NE at Cleveland Street NE. When the crews are done with main installations in this area, they will begin main installations on the west side of the project, heading north from 35th Avenue NE between Polk and Tyler Streets NE.
- Beginning on approximately May 30 and lasting into the first week of June, the crews will be installing natural gas mains along the project’s streets between 35th and 37th Avenues NE and between Central Avenue NE and the alley between Polk and Taylor Streets NE.
- Due to scheduling with customers, crews are continuing to connect natural gas service lines to the installed mains along Ulysses Street NE between 31st and 33rd Avenues NE.
- CenterPoint Energy’s authorized contractor, Michels Corporation, have installed natural gas mains along Ulysses and Hayes Streets NE between 31st and 33rd Avenues NE. The crews will finish Garfield Street NE’s natural gas main installation between 30th and 33rd Avenues NE.
- This week the crews are connecting natural gas service lines to the installed mains along Ulysses Street NE between 31st and 33rd Avenues NE.
- During the week of May 20 and into the week of May 27 if necessary, the crews will be installing natural gas main along Arthur Street NE. During the following weeks the crews will be installing natural gas mains along selected streets on the west side of the project.
CenterPoint Energy’s authorized contractor, Michels Corporation, has installed natural gas mains along the east and the west sides of Ulysses Street NE between 29th and 33rd Avenues NE. This week the crews will begin installing natural gas mains along Hayes Street NE between 31st and 33rd Avenues NE. The crews will be installing natural gas mains on one side of the street at a time. Parking will be available on the opposite side of the street during active construction. As the crews finish an area at a time, they will move the “no parking” signs with them.
Where, when, and why is CenterPoint Energy performing construction?
Beginning in the last half of the week of April 29 and finishing in late summer 2019, CenterPoint Energy’s authorized contractor, Michels Corporation, will be replacing natural gas mains and connecting natural gas service lines to the installed mains in Minneapolis along selected streets in the Waite Park neighborhood. This will be a continuation of CenterPoint Energy’s 2018 portion of its Waite Park Concrete Rehabilitation
CenterPoint Energy’s work will be done in coordination with the City of Minneapolis’s Concrete Streets Rehabilitation
project. For more information on the city’s project, please visit its website.
What are the estimated traffic impacts?
- Residents and local businesses will have access to their properties.
- Construction will occur in segments along the construction route, rather than all at once. Lane restrictions are anticipated in areas where active construction is occurring and are necessary to keep both the public and construction personnel safe.
- CenterPoint Energy’s authorized contractor, Q3 Contracting, will restore the areas affected by Michels Corporation’s construction—typically the boulevard, lawn, sidewalk and road.
How may the natural gas service line installations affect customers?
- As part of this main project, the crews will be replacing several natural gas service lines that connect from the main to the customer’s property. Customers will experience a short disruption of gas service as the crews are installing the gas service line.
- Crews may have to dig in the ground on your property in the utility easement to complete the task of service and main distribution line replacement. If a customer’s property is disturbed, CNP will restore the hard and soft surfaces affected by construction at no cost to you.
- In addition to the natural gas service line installation, some customers may also have their inside gas meters moved to the outside of their homes as part of CenterPoint Energy’s long-term improvement project called “Moving Gas Meters Outside.” Please click here to find out more about our project and click here to see a one-page fact sheet with photographs of a meter move.
What is CenterPoint Energy’s mission, and how can I contact CenterPoint Energy?
At CenterPoint Energy, we are committed to providing timely and relevant information to our customers and the general public to minimize inconvenience or disruption due to our construction activities. CNP has provided safe, clean and efficient natural gas service to Minnesota communities for more than 145 years. We are proud of this record and strive to improve it by educating the public about the benefits of natural gas at CenterPointEnergy.com/BeSafe.
Updates will be posted on this Project Status page. For any questions, you can contact one of the following resources:
- Hannah Gullickson – 612-321-5546
Please reference the project name or number 88155339 when calling. We appreciate your business and look forward to continuing to serve you. Thank you very much.