Minneapolis - Queen Avenue N.
Scheduled Start Date: September 16, 2019
Where, when, and why is CenterPoint Energy performing construction?Beginning in the week of September 16 and lasting into late fall 2019, crews from CenterPoint Energy’s authorized contractor, Michels Corporation, will be replacing natural gas mains, connecting natural gas service lines to the installed mains, and moving any inside residential meters to the outside of homes. Work will take place along the east and west sides of Queen Avenue N. between 44th Avenue N. and Dowling Avenue N. in Minneapolis.
The crews will begin on the west side of Queen Avenue N. at 44th Avenue N. working south to 42nd Avenue N., then on the east side of Queen Avenue N. working north to 44th Avenue N.
What are the estimated traffic impacts?
- From September 19 to 27, a crew from Michels Corporation, CenterPoint Energy's authorized contractor, will be replacing natural gas mains on both sides of Queen Avenue N. between 44th and 42nd Avenues N. "No Parking – Police Order" signs will be posted on both sides of Queen Avenue N. during this time. One sidewalk will remain open at a time.
- Residents and local businesses will have access to their properties.
- Construction will occur in segments along the construction route, rather than all at once. Lane restrictions are anticipated in areas where active construction is occurring and are necessary to keep both the public and construction personnel safe.
- CenterPoint Energy’s authorized contractor, Q3 Contracting, will restore the areas affected by Michels Corporation’s construction—typically the boulevard, lawn, sidewalk and road.
How may the natural gas service line installations affect customers?
- As part of this main project, the crews will be replacing several natural gas service lines that connect from the main to the customer’s property. Customers will experience a short disruption of gas service as the crews are installing the gas service line.
- Crews may have to dig in the ground on your property in the utility easement to complete the task of service and main distribution line replacement. If a customer’s property is disturbed, CNP will restore the hard and soft surfaces affected by construction at no cost to you.
- In addition to the natural gas service line installation, some customers may also have their inside gas meters moved to the outside of their homes as part of CenterPoint Energy’s long-term improvement project called “Moving Gas Meters Outside.” Please
click here to find out more about our project and
click here to see a one-page fact sheet with photographs of a meter move.
What is CenterPoint Energy’s mission, and how can I contact CenterPoint Energy?
At CenterPoint Energy, we are committed to providing timely and relevant information to our customers and the general public to minimize inconvenience or disruption due to our construction activities. CNP has provided safe, clean and efficient natural gas service to Minnesota communities for more than 145 years. We are proud of this record and strive to improve it by educating the public about the benefits of natural gas at CenterPointEnergy.com/BeSafe.
Updates will be posted on our Project Status page below. For any questions, you can contact one of the following resources:
- Hannah Gullickson – 612-321-5546
Please reference the project name or number 91068222 when calling. We appreciate your business and look forward to continuing to serve you. Thank you very much.