Project Status - Minneapolis - Queen Avenue N.
- In early November, crews from Michels Corporation, CenterPoint Energy’s authorized contractor, finished the project’s natural gas work. This includes connecting natural gas service lines to the new mains.
- Crews from Q3 Contracting, CenterPoint Energy’s authorized contractor, have been restoring the areas affected by Michels Corporation’s work. Due to weather, any areas that receive temporary restoration will receive permanent in 2020. For examples of temporary and permanent restoration, please visit our restoration web page.
Crews from Michels Corporation, CenterPoint Energy’s authorized contractor, are continuing to connect natural gas service lines to the new mains on both sides of Queen Avenue N. Currently the crews are focusing between 43rd and 42nd Avenues N. They anticipate finishing the service line connections in approximately three weeks.
Crews from Michels Corporation, CenterPoint Energy’s authorized contractor, replaced the natural gas mains for the project. The crews are continuing to connect natural gas service lines to the new mains. Currently they’re on the east side of Queen Avenue N. on the 4100 block, working south to Dowling Avenue N.
- From September 19 to 27, a crew from Michels Corporation, CenterPoint Energy’s authorized contractor, will be replacing natural gas mains on both sides of Queen Avenue N. between 44th and 42nd Avenues N. “No Parking – Police Order” signs will be posted on both sides of Queen Avenue N. during this time. One sidewalk will remain open at a time.
- When the main installation crew is done replacing the natural gas main in this area, they will replace natural gas mains on both sides of Queen Avenue N. between 42nd and 40th Avenues N.
- At the same time, another Michels Corporation crew will connect natural gas service lines to the new mains between 44th and 42nd Avenues N. We appreciate your patience as we replace our infrastructure.
Where, when, and why is CenterPoint Energy performing construction?
Beginning in the week of September 16 and lasting into late fall 2019, crews from CenterPoint Energy’s authorized contractor, Michels Corporation, will be replacing natural gas mains, connecting natural gas service lines to the installed mains, and moving any inside residential meters to the outside of homes. Work will take place along the east and west sides of Queen Avenue N. between 44th Avenue N. and Dowling Avenue N. in Minneapolis.
What are the estimated traffic impacts?
- Residents and local businesses will have access to their properties.
- CenterPoint Energy’s authorized contractor, Q3 Contracting, will restore the areas affected by Michels Corporation’s construction—typically the boulevard, lawn, sidewalk and road.
How may the natural gas service line installations affect customers?
- As part of this main project, the crews will be replacing several natural gas service lines that connect from the main to the customer’s property. Customers will experience a short disruption of gas service as the crews are installing the gas service line.
- Crews may have to dig in the ground on your property in the utility easement to complete the task of service and main distribution line replacement. If a customer’s property is disturbed, CNP will restore the hard and soft surfaces affected by construction at no cost to you.
- In addition to the natural gas service line installation, some customers may also have their inside gas meters moved to the outside of their homes as part of CenterPoint Energy’s long-term improvement project called “Moving Gas Meters Outside.” Please
click here to find out more about our project and
click here to see a one-page fact sheet with photographs of a meter move.
What is CenterPoint Energy’s mission, and how can I contact CenterPoint Energy?
At CenterPoint Energy, we are committed to providing timely and relevant information to our customers and the general public to minimize inconvenience or disruption due to our construction activities. CNP has provided safe, clean and efficient natural gas service to Minnesota communities for more than 145 years. We are proud of this record and strive to improve it by educating the public about the benefits of natural gas at CenterPointEnergy.com/BeSafe.
Updates will be posted on this Project Status page. For any questions, you can contact one of the following resources:
- Hannah Gullickson – 612-321-5546
Please reference the project name or number 91068222 when calling. We appreciate your business and look forward to continuing to serve you. Thank you very much.