Project Status - Minneapolis - Mid-City Industrial Reconstruction 2019
Crews from Michels Corporation, CenterPoint Energy’s authorized contractor, finished the natural gas main installation and the service line connections for CenterPoint Energy’s project. Crews from Q3 Contracting, CenterPoint Energy’s authorized contractor, has restored the areas affected by Michels Corporation’s construction outside the limits of the city’s “Mid-City Industrial Reconstruction
CenterPoint Energy wants to thank you for your patience during the construction process.
- By this Friday, May 17, crews from Michels Corporation, CenterPoint Energy’s authorized contractor, will have installed all the project’s natural gas mains. They will also have connected the natural gas service lines to the installed mains along Hoover Street NE between Hennepin Avenue and Broadway Street NE.
- During the week of May 20, the crews will begin connecting natural gas service lines to installed mains along Kennedy Street NE and Harding Street NE. The connections may take more than the week of May 20 to complete. Behind Michels Corporation, Veit & Company, Inc. is performing work on the roads in this area.
- Crews from Michels Corporation, CenterPoint Energy’s authorized contractor, have installed natural gas main along Hoover Street NE between Hennepin Avenue E. and Spring Street E. On Monday, May 6, the crews will begin connecting natural gas service lines to the installed main in this area, working north from Hennepin Avenue E.
- Within the second half of next week, the crews will begin installing natural gas main west of Hoover Street NE.
- Currently along Hoover Street NE, there is one-way traffic south of Spring Street NE and two-way traffic north of Spring Street NE.
- CenterPoint Energy’s work is being done in coordination with the City of Minneapolis’s Mid-City Industrial Reconstruction project. For more information on the city’s project, please visit its website.
Today on Monday, April 15, crews from Michels Corporation, CenterPoint Energy’s authorized contractor, have begun construction on CenterPoint Energy’s Mid-City Industrial Reconstruction 2019 project. The following will take place over the course of three weeks:
- The crews are beginning to install natural gas main on Hennepin Avenue E. and Hoover Street NE. They will work north to just north of Spring Street NE.
- When the natural gas main is installed in this area, another Michels Corporation crew will connect the natural gas service lines to the installed main.
- The main installation crew will continue to work north on Hoover Street NE to Broadway Street NE. The service connection crew will follow.
Where, when, and why is CenterPoint Energy performing construction?
From the week of April 15 to early June 2019, CenterPoint Energy’s authorized contractor, Michels Corporation, will be replacing natural gas mains and connecting natural gas service lines to the installed mains in Minneapolis along selected streets in the Mid-City Industrial Neighborhood. This will be a continuation of CenterPoint Energy’s 2018 portion of its Mid-City Industrial Reconstruction
CenterPoint Energy’s work will be done in coordination with the City of Minneapolis’s Mid-City Industrial Reconstruction
project. For more information on the city’s project, please visit its website.
What are the estimated traffic impacts?
- Residents and local businesses will have access to their properties.
- Construction will occur in segments along the construction route, rather than all at once. Lane restrictions are anticipated in areas where active construction is occurring and are necessary to keep both the public and construction personnel safe.
- CenterPoint Energy’s authorized contractor, Q3 Contracting, will restore the areas affected by Michels Corporation’s construction—typically the boulevard, lawn, sidewalk and road.
How may the natural gas service line installations affect customers?
- As part of this main project, the crews will be replacing several natural gas service lines that connect from the main to the customer’s property. Customers will experience a short disruption of gas service as the crews are installing the gas service line.
- Crews may have to dig in the ground on your property in the utility easement to complete the task of service and main distribution line replacement. If a customer’s property is disturbed, CNP will restore the hard and soft surfaces affected by construction at no cost to you.
- In addition to the natural gas service line installation, some customers may also have their inside gas meters moved to the outside of their homes as part of CenterPoint Energy’s long-term improvement project called “Moving Gas Meters Outside.” Please click here to find out more about our project and click here to see a one-page fact sheet with photographs of a meter move.
What is CenterPoint Energy’s mission, and how can I contact CenterPoint Energy?
At CenterPoint Energy, we are committed to providing timely and relevant information to our customers and the general public to minimize inconvenience or disruption due to our construction activities. CNP has provided safe, clean and efficient natural gas service to Minnesota communities for more than 145 years. We are proud of this record and strive to improve it by educating the public about the benefits of natural gas at CenterPointEnergy.com/BeSafe.
Updates will be posted on this Project Status page. For any questions, you can contact one of the following resources:
- Hannah Gullickson – 612-321-5546
Please reference the project name or number 88844608 when calling. We appreciate your business and look forward to continuing to serve you. Thank you very much.