Project Status - Minneapolis - Kingfield Area
Crews from Michels Corporation, CenterPoint Energy’s authorized contractor, have completed all the natural gas work for this job. Crews from Q3 Contracting, CenterPoint Energy’s authorized contractor, will restore the areas affected by Michels Corporation’s construction outside the limits of the city’s project. Further construction will be done by contractors for the City of Minneapolis for the city’s “Street Resurfacing Program
We appreciate your patience during the construction process.
Crews from Michels Corporation, CenterPoint Energy’s authorized contractor, have installed all the natural gas mains for this job. By the end of the week of June 3, the crews plan to finish the project’s natural gas service line connections. Within the week of June 10, the crews plan to finish all the project’s natural gas work.
Today on Friday, May 17, crews from Michels Corporation, CenterPoint Energy’s authorized contractor, are connecting natural gas service lines to the installed main on Pleasant Avenue at W. 43rd Street, moving south.
Crews from Michels Corporation, CenterPoint Energy’s authorized contractor, have installed natural gas mains along W. 45th Street and along Pleasant Avenue north of W. 44th Street. The crews are currently installing natural gas main along Pleasant Avenue south of W. 44th Street and have started installing natural gas main along W. 44th Street.
CenterPoint Energy has moved the start date of the Kingfield Area project to within the week of May 6. Crews from Michels Corporation, CenterPoint Energy’s authorized contractor, will begin installing natural gas main along Pleasant Avenue before moving to W. 44th Street. Another Michels Corporation crew will work behind the main installation crew to connect natural gas service lines to the installed main.
Where, when, and why is CenterPoint Energy performing construction?
From the week of May 6 to early or mid-June 2019, CenterPoint Energy’s authorized contractor, Michels Corporation, will be replacing natural gas mains and connecting natural gas service lines to the installed mains in Minneapolis in the Kingfield Area. Project construction will occur along Pleasant Avenue between W. 43rd Street and W. 46th Street and W. 44th Street between Lyndale and Blaisdell Avenues S. Work will occur in segments rather than all at once. Further construction will be done by contractors for the City of Minneapolis for the city’s “Street Resurfacing Program
What are the estimated traffic impacts?
- Residents and local businesses will have access to their properties.
- Construction will occur in segments along the construction route, rather than all at once. Lane restrictions are anticipated in areas where active construction is occurring and are necessary to keep both the public and construction personnel safe.
- CenterPoint Energy’s authorized contractor, Q3 Contracting, will restore the areas affected by Michels Corporation’s construction—typically the boulevard, lawn, sidewalk and road.
How may the natural gas service line installations affect customers?
- As part of this main project, the crews will be replacing several natural gas service lines that connect from the main to the customer’s property. Customers will experience a short disruption of gas service as the crews are installing the gas service line.
- Crews may have to dig in the ground on your property in the utility easement to complete the task of service and main distribution line replacement. If a customer’s property is disturbed, CNP will restore the hard and soft surfaces affected by construction at no cost to you.
- In addition to the natural gas service line installation, some customers may also have their inside gas meters moved to the outside of their homes as part of CenterPoint Energy’s long-term improvement project called “Moving Gas Meters Outside.” Please
click here to find out more about our project and
click here to see a one-page fact sheet with photographs of a meter move.
What is CenterPoint Energy’s mission, and how can I contact CenterPoint Energy?
At CenterPoint Energy, we are committed to providing timely and relevant information to our customers and the general public to minimize inconvenience or disruption due to our construction activities. CNP has provided safe, clean and efficient natural gas service to Minnesota communities for more than 145 years. We are proud of this record and strive to improve it by educating the public about the benefits of natural gas at CenterPointEnergy.com/BeSafe.
Updates will be posted on this Project Status page. For any questions, you can contact one of the following resources:
- Hannah Gullickson – 612-321-5546
Please reference the project name or number 87695899 when calling. We appreciate your business and look forward to continuing to serve you. Thank you very much.