Project Status - Minneapolis - Church Street SE
Crews from Michels Corporation, CenterPoint Energy’s authorized contractor, replaced the project’s natural gas mains and connected most of the natural gas service lines to the new mains. The final service line connections will occur in November. Restoration will be performed by CenterPoint Energy’s authorized contractor, Q3 Contracting. We appreciate your patience as we finish our construction.
Yesterday on Wednesday, August 14, the crews began the Church Street SE project. The crews will be working in the project area for the duration of the job. From Mondays to Fridays, the crews will be shifting traffic and minimizing impact to pedestrian traffic and parking. On weekends the crews will be limiting vehicular and pedestrian traffic and parking. We appreciate your patience as we progress in construction.
Where, when, and why is CenterPoint Energy performing construction?
From Wednesday, August 14 to late August or early September 2019, CenterPoint Energy’s authorized contractor, Michels Corporation, will be replacing natural gas mains and connecting natural gas service lines to the installed mains in Minneapolis. Construction will take place along Church Street SE between East River Parkway and Washington Avenue SE and on Delaware Street SE by Church Street SE.
What are the estimated traffic impacts?
- Residents and local businesses will have access to their properties.
- CenterPoint Energy’s authorized contractor, Q3 Contracting, will restore the areas affected by Michels Corporation’s construction—typically the boulevard, lawn, sidewalk and road.
How may the natural gas service line installations affect customers?
- As part of this main project, the crews will be replacing several natural gas service lines that connect from the main to the customer’s property. Customers will experience a short disruption of gas service as the crews are installing the gas service line.
- Crews may have to dig in the ground on your property in the utility easement to complete the task of service and main distribution line replacement. If a customer’s property is disturbed, CNP will restore the hard and soft surfaces affected by construction at no cost to you.
- In addition to the natural gas service line installation, some customers may also have their inside gas meters moved to the outside of their homes as part of CenterPoint Energy’s long-term improvement project called “Moving Gas Meters Outside.” Please
click here to find out more about our project and
click here to see a one-page fact sheet with photographs of a meter move.
What is CenterPoint Energy’s mission, and how can I contact CenterPoint Energy?
At CenterPoint Energy, we are committed to providing timely and relevant information to our customers and the general public to minimize inconvenience or disruption due to our construction activities. CNP has provided safe, clean and efficient natural gas service to Minnesota communities for more than 145 years. We are proud of this record and strive to improve it by educating the public about the benefits of natural gas at CenterPointEnergy.com/BeSafe.
Updates will be posted on this Project Status page. For any questions, you can contact one of the following resources:
- Hannah Gullickson – 612-321-5546
Please reference the project name or number 88831279 when calling. We appreciate your business and look forward to continuing to serve you. Thank you very much.