Project Status - Lakeville - Oak Shore Drive Neighborhood
Crews from CenterPoint Energy’s authorized contractor, Michels Corporation, are progressing in the Oak Shore Drive Neighborhood project in Lakeville. Below are the construction details:
- The crews will be installing natural gas main on Oak Shore Drive between Jamaica and Jacquara Avenues approximately within the weeks of July 1 and 8. Within the week of July 15, the crews plan to install natural gas main on Maple Island Road.
- The crews have connected the natural gas service lines to the installed mains on the west side of the project west of Jamaica Avenue and also on W. 161st Street between Jamaica and Jacquara Avenues. Next the crews will be connecting natural gas service lines on Upper W. 161st Street and Oak Shore Drive between Jamaica and Jacquara Avenues.
Crews from CenterPoint Energy’s authorized contractor, Michels Corporation, have been working in the west side of the Oak Shore Drive Neighborhood, moving east:
- The crews have installed natural gas mains along the project’s selected roads west of Jamaica Avenue. Currently the crews are installing natural gas main on Jamaica Avenue and W. 161st Street heading east.
- The crews have been connecting natural gas service lines to the installed mains on the west side of Maple Island Road. By tomorrow they will have finished the connections on Oak Shore Drive and Oak Curve south of Maple Island Road.
- As the crews are performing natural gas work, they are working on one side of the affected road. The other side is available for parking.
Where, when, and why is CenterPoint Energy performing construction?
Beginning on Wednesday, May 22, and lasting until late July 2019, CenterPoint Energy’s authorized contractor, Michels Corporation, will be replacing natural gas mains and connecting natural gas service lines to the installed mains in Lakeville within the Oak Shore Drive neighborhood. The crews will begin replacing the natural gas mains on the west side of the project, working east.
CenterPoint Energy’s work will be done in coordination with the City of Lakeville’s “2019 Street Reconstruction Project
.” For more information on the city’s project, please visit its website.
What are the estimated traffic impacts?
- Residents and local businesses will have access to their properties.
- Construction will occur in segments along the construction route, rather than all at once. Lane restrictions are anticipated in areas where active construction is occurring and are necessary to keep both the public and construction personnel safe.
- CenterPoint Energy’s authorized contractor, Q3 Contracting, will restore the areas affected by Michels Corporation’s construction—typically the boulevard, lawn, sidewalk and road.
How may the natural gas service line installations affect customers?
- As part of this main project, the crews will be replacing several natural gas service lines that connect from the main to the customer’s property. Customers will experience a short disruption of gas service as the crews are installing the gas service line.
- Crews may have to dig in the ground on your property in the utility easement to complete the task of service and main distribution line replacement. If a customer’s property is disturbed, CNP will restore the hard and soft surfaces affected by construction at no cost to you.
- In addition to the natural gas service line installation, some customers may also have their inside gas meters moved to the outside of their homes as part of CenterPoint Energy’s long-term improvement project called “Moving Gas Meters Outside.” Please click here to find out more about our project and click here to see a one-page fact sheet with photographs of a meter move.
What is CenterPoint Energy’s mission, and how can I contact CenterPoint Energy?
At CenterPoint Energy, we are committed to providing timely and relevant information to our customers and the general public to minimize inconvenience or disruption due to our construction activities. CNP has provided safe, clean and efficient natural gas service to Minnesota communities for more than 145 years. We are proud of this record and strive to improve it by educating the public about the benefits of natural gas at CenterPointEnergy.com/BeSafe.
Updates will be posted on this Project Status page. For any questions, you can contact one of the following resources:
- Hannah Gullickson – 612-321-5546
Please reference the project name or number 88792086 when calling. We appreciate your business and look forward to continuing to serve you. Thank you very much.