Project Status - Lakeland - Quality Avenue S.
Since the week of April 29, CenterPoint Energy’s authorized contractor, Michels Corporation, has been installing natural gas mains along Quality Avenue in Lakeland. The crews started installing the natural gas main along Quality Avenue at 6th Street N. and have been working south along the side of the road, not impacting traffic. In approximately two weeks they will have finished the project’s natural gas main installation. Afterward the crews will begin connecting natural gas service lines to the installed mains.
Where, when, and why is CenterPoint Energy performing construction?
From the week of April 29 to early summer 2019, CenterPoint Energy’s authorized contractor, Michels Corporation, will be replacing natural gas mains and connecting natural gas service lines to the installed mains in Lakeland along Quality Ave. between 3rd St. S. and 6th St. N. and along 3rd St. S. between Quality Ave. and St. Croix Trail. CenterPoint Energy’s work will be done in coordination with the City of Lakeland’s project.
What are the estimated traffic impacts?
- Residents and local businesses will have access to their properties.
- Construction will occur in segments along the construction route, rather than all at once. Lane restrictions are anticipated in areas where active construction is occurring and are necessary to keep both the public and construction personnel safe.
- CenterPoint Energy’s authorized contractor, Q3 Contracting, will restore the areas affected by Michels Corporation’s construction—typically the boulevard, lawn, sidewalk and road.
How may the natural gas service line installations affect customers?
- As part of this main project, the crews will be replacing several natural gas service lines that connect from the main to the customer’s property. Customers will experience a short disruption of gas service as the crews are installing the gas service line.
- Crews may have to dig in the ground on your property in the utility easement to complete the task of service and main distribution line replacement. If a customer’s property is disturbed, CNP will restore the hard and soft surfaces affected by construction at no cost to you.
- In addition to the natural gas service line installation, some customers may also have their inside gas meters moved to the outside of their homes as part of CenterPoint Energy’s long-term improvement project called “Moving Gas Meters Outside.” Please click here to find out more about our project and click here to see a one-page fact sheet with photographs of a meter move.
What is CenterPoint Energy’s mission, and how can I contact CenterPoint Energy?
At CenterPoint Energy, we are committed to providing timely and relevant information to our customers and the general public to minimize inconvenience or disruption due to our construction activities. CNP has provided safe, clean and efficient natural gas service to Minnesota communities for more than 145 years. We are proud of this record and strive to improve it by educating the public about the benefits of natural gas at CenterPointEnergy.com/BeSafe.
Frequent updates will be posted on this Project Status page. For any questions, you can contact one of the following resources:
- Hannah Gullickson – 612-321-5546
Please reference the project name or number 89209206 when calling. We appreciate your business and look forward to continuing to serve you. Thank you very much.