Project Status - Golden Valley - Decatur Avenue N. Neighborhood
Crews from CenterPoint Energy’s authorized contractor, Michels Corporation, will be connecting the final of the project’s natural gas service lines to the installed mains today on Friday, May 17. The final of the project’s natural gas mains were installed within the week of April 29. Within the week of May 20, the crews will be putting the existing natural gas main out of service.
CenterPoint Energy’s authorized contractor, Q3 Contracting, will restore the areas affected by Michels Corporation’s construction outside the city limits. While the city’s contractors will be performing work for the city’s “2019 Pavement Management Program,” Q3 Contracting will be restoring the soft surfaces in the private properties affected by Michels Corporation’s construction. For more information on the city’s work, please visit the city’s website.
Crews from CenterPoint Energy’s authorized contractor, Michels Corporation, have connected the natural gas service lines to the installed mains along Decatur Avenue N. and Cavell Avenue N. south of 23rd Avenue N. The crews are halfway done with connecting all of the project’s natural gas service lines.
During the week of April 8, crews from CenterPoint Energy’s authorized contractor, Michels Corporation, began CenterPoint Energy’s “Decatur Avenue N. Neighborhood” project. The crews replaced natural gas mains along Ensign Avenue N. between Medley Lane and 23rd Avenue N. During this week, the crews are replacing natural gas mains along Decatur Avenue N. During the week of April 22, they will replace natural gas mains along Cavell Avenue N.
Where, when, and why is CenterPoint Energy performing construction?
From the week of April 8 to early June 2019, CenterPoint Energy’s authorized contractor, Michels Corporation, will be replacing natural gas mains and connecting natural gas service lines to the installed mains in Golden Valley in the Decatur Avenue N. neighborhood.
Further construction will be done by contractors for the City of Golden Valley for the city’s “2019 Pavement Management Program
.” For more information on the city’s project, please visit its website.
What are the estimated traffic impacts?
- Residents and local businesses will have access to their properties.
- Construction will occur in segments along the construction route, rather than all at once. Lane restrictions are anticipated in areas where active construction is occurring and are necessary to keep both the public and construction personnel safe.
- CenterPoint Energy’s authorized contractor, Q3 Contracting, will restore the areas affected by Michels Corporation’s construction—typically the boulevard, lawn, sidewalk and road.
How may the natural gas service line installations affect customers?
- As part of this main project, the crews will be replacing several natural gas service lines that connect from the main to the customer’s property. Customers will experience a short disruption of gas service as the crews are installing the gas service line.
- Crews may have to dig in the ground on your property in the utility easement to complete the task of service and main distribution line replacement. If a customer’s property is disturbed, CNP will restore the hard and soft surfaces affected by construction at no cost to you.
- In addition to the natural gas service line installation, some customers may also have their inside gas meters moved to the outside of their homes as part of CenterPoint Energy’s long-term improvement project called “Moving Gas Meters Outside.” Please
click here to find out more about our project and
click here to see a one-page fact sheet with photographs of a meter move.
What is CenterPoint Energy’s mission, and how can I contact CenterPoint Energy?
At CenterPoint Energy, we are committed to providing timely and relevant information to our customers and the general public to minimize inconvenience or disruption due to our construction activities. CNP has provided safe, clean and efficient natural gas service to Minnesota communities for more than 145 years. We are proud of this record and strive to improve it by educating the public about the benefits of natural gas at CenterPointEnergy.com/BeSafe.
Updates will be posted on this Project Status page. For any questions, you can contact one of the following resources:
- Hannah Gullickson – 612-321-5546
Please reference the project name or number 88810425 when calling. We appreciate your business and look forward to continuing to serve you. Thank you very much.