Project Status - Edina - Garrison Lane Neighborhood
Crews from Q3 Contracting, CenterPoint Energy’s authorized contractor, have finished temporarily restoring the areas affected by Michels Corporation’s construction. Permanent restoration will happen in the spring or summer 2019. Any boulevards or lawns that received hydroseed will receive black dirt and seed. Any areas that received temporary asphalt will receive permanent materials. For more information or examples of restoration, please see our Restoration Practices and Updates
Please check our Construction Zone
page for upcoming projects. We appreciate your patience during the construction season and thank you for subscribing to our notices. We wish you a Happy Holiday season!
Crews from Q3 Contracting, CenterPoint Energy’s authorized contractor, have temporarily restored the concrete areas affected by Michels Corporation’s construction with temporary asphalt for the winter. The crews will return in spring or summer 2019 to permanently restore these areas with concrete.
The crews are also restoring the lawns and boulevards affected by Michels Corporation’s construction with hydroseed. The crews will return in spring or summer 2019 to permanently restore these areas with black dirt and seed.
For photographs and examples of permanent and temporary restoration, please visit our Restoration Practices and Updates
page. We appreciate your patience as we finish the 2018 construction season.
CenterPoint Energy’s authorized contractor, Michels Corporation, will finish the natural gas main installations by approximately Wednesday, October 17. By then, the crews will have installed natural gas mains along Nancy Lane, Wooddale Avenue and Garrison Lane east of Wooddale Avenue. Within the week of October 15, crews from Michels Corporation will begin connecting the natural gas service lines to the installed mains.
Crews from Michels Corporation, an authorized CenterPoint Energy contractor, has begun CenterPoint Energy’s Garrison Lane Neighborhood Project today on Thursday, October 4. For approximately two weeks, the crews will be installing the natural gas mains for this project, starting on the west side of the project and working east.
Where, when, and why is CenterPoint Energy performing construction?
Beginning in the week of October 4, 2018, and ending within November 2018, CenterPoint Energy’s authorized contractor, Michels Corporation, will be replacing natural gas mains and connecting natural gas service lines to the installed mains in Edina along the following streets:
- W. 62nd Street between Concord Avenue and St. Johns Avenue
- Garrison Lane between St. Johns Avenue and Oaklawn Avenue
- Nancy Lane at Wooddale Avenue
- W. 64th Street between St. Johns Avenue and Wooddale Avenue
- Concord Avenue between W. 62nd Street and W. 64th Street
- Ashcourt Avenue between W. 62nd Street and W. 64th Street
- St. Johns Avenue between W. 62nd Street and W. 64th Street
- Millers Lane at W. 64th Street
- Wooddale Avenue between Garrison Lane and Nancy Lane
What are the estimated traffic impacts?
- Residents will have access to their properties.
- Construction will occur in segments along the construction route, rather than all at once. Lane restrictions are anticipated in areas where active construction is occurring and are necessary to keep both the public and construction personnel safe.
- CenterPoint Energy’s authorized contractor, Q3 Contracting, will restore the areas affected by Michels Corporation’s construction—typically the boulevard, lawn, sidewalk and road.
How may the natural gas service line installations affect customers?
- As part of this main project, the crews will be replacing several natural gas service lines that connect from the main to the customer’s property. Customers will experience a short disruption of gas service as the crews are installing the gas service line.
- Crews may have to dig in the ground on your property in the utility easement to complete the task of service and main distribution line replacement. If a customer’s property is disturbed, CNP will restore the hard and soft surfaces affected by construction at no cost to you.
- In addition to the natural gas service line installation, some customers may also have their inside gas meters moved to the outside of their homes as part of CenterPoint Energy’s long-term improvement project called “Moving Gas Meters Outside.” Please click here to find out more about our project and click here to see a one-page fact sheet with photographs of a meter move.
What if Q3 Contracting doesn’t finish all restoration in 2018?
CenterPoint Energy’s “Edina – Garrison Lane Neighborhood” project may end in the 2019 construction season if necessary. While Michels Corporation will finish the natural gas main installations and the service line connections in 2018, Q3 Contracting will work behind Michels Corporation, restoring the areas affected by Michels Corporation’s construction. If restoration is not finished in 2018 because the weather is unconducive for permanent restoration, Q3 Contracting will temporarily restore the hard and soft surfaces affected by Michels Corporation’s construction. Q3 Contracting will return in the spring and summer 2019 construction season to permanently restore these areas.
For examples of permanent and temporary restoration, please see our Restoration Practices and Updates
What is CenterPoint Energy’s mission, and how can I contact CenterPoint Energy?
At CenterPoint Energy, we are committed to providing timely and relevant information to our customers and the general public to minimize inconvenience or disruption due to our construction activities. CNP has provided safe, clean and efficient natural gas service to Minnesota communities for more than 145 years. We are proud of this record and strive to improve it by educating the public about the benefits of natural gas at CenterPointEnergy.com/BeSafe.
Frequent updates will be posted on this Project Status page. In addition, you can contact one of the following CenterPoint Energy resources. Please reference the project name or number 85540294:
- email: email@example.com
- phone: 612-321-5369
Communication Specialist, Hannah Gullickson: Restoration Department:
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- phone: 612-321-5042
We appreciate your business and look forward to continuing to serve you.