Project Status - Brooklyn Park - County Road 81 and Brooklyn Boulevard
8/21/201973rd Avenue N.
Crews from Michels Corporation, CenterPoint Energy’s authorized contractor, are currently working on 73rd Avenue N. at County Road 81. West of County Road 81, the crews are working within the county’s current closure. East of County Road 81, the crews are replacing natural gas main and are working with homeowners to maintain access. The crews will continue to work on 73rd Avenue N. into approximately the end of the week of September 1. This work will include installing new gas main and removing the existing one.
For more details on the county’s closure and progress, please visit the county’s website here
The crews have been replacing natural gas main and connecting natural gas service lines to the new main by Jolly Lane and County Road 81. By approximately the end of the week of August 26, the crews will have finished the natural gas work in this area. Restoration will follow.
Within the week of September 2, they plan to begin natural gas main replacement on County Road 81 south of 83rd Avenue N.
Where, when, and why is CenterPoint Energy performing construction?
From August 19 to late fall 2019, CenterPoint Energy’s authorized contractor, Michels Corporation, will replace natural gas mains in Brooklyn Park. Construction will take place along the following roads: County Road 81 (Bottineau Boulevard) between 83rd Avenue N. and Brooklyn Boulevard; 73rd Avenue N. at County Road 81; and Jolly Lane.
Concurrent construction will happen by Hennepin County for the county’s “Bottineau Boulevard Reconstruction
” project. For more information, please visit its website.
What are the estimated traffic impacts?
- Residents and local businesses will have access to their properties.
- CenterPoint Energy’s authorized contractor, Q3 Contracting, will restore the areas affected by Michels Corporation’s construction outside the limits of the county’s project—typically the boulevard, lawn, sidewalk and road.
How may the natural gas service line installations affect customers?
- As part of this main project, the crews will be replacing several natural gas service lines that connect from the main to the customer’s property. Customers will experience a short disruption of gas service as the crews are installing the gas service line.
- Crews may have to dig in the ground on your property in the utility easement to complete the task of service and main distribution line replacement. If a customer’s property is disturbed, CNP will restore the hard and soft surfaces affected by construction at no cost to you.
- In addition to the natural gas service line installation, some customers may also have their inside gas meters moved to the outside of their homes as part of CenterPoint Energy’s long-term improvement project called “Moving Gas Meters Outside.” Please
click here to find out more about our project and
click here to see a one-page fact sheet with photographs of a meter move.
What is CenterPoint Energy’s mission, and how can I contact CenterPoint Energy?
At CenterPoint Energy, we are committed to providing timely and relevant information to our customers and the general public to minimize inconvenience or disruption due to our construction activities. CNP has provided safe, clean and efficient natural gas service to Minnesota communities for more than 145 years. We are proud of this record and strive to improve it by educating the public about the benefits of natural gas at CenterPointEnergy.com/BeSafe.
Updates will be posted on this Project Status page. For any questions, you can contact one of the following resources:
- Hannah Gullickson – 612-321-5546
Please reference the project name or number 86738852 when calling. We appreciate your business and look forward to continuing to serve you. Thank you very much.