Project Status - Bloomington - Moir Park Neighborhood
Crews from Michels Corporation, CenterPoint Energy Energy’s authorized contractor, has completed all the natural gas line replacements for the Moir Park Neighborhood project. Further construction will be being done by a road contractor for the City of Bloomington’s mill and overlay project. CenterPoint Energy’s authorized contractor, Q3 Contracting, will restore the areas affected by Michels Corporation’s construction outside the limits of the city’s project. We appreciate your patience during the construction process.
Crews from Michels Corporation, CenterPoint Energy Energy’s authorized contractor, installed the project’s natural gas mains. This week the crews began connecting natural gas service lines to the installed mains on 105th Street West.
Since the crews will be pausing construction for the Independence Day weekend from July 4 to 7, they will be resuming work on Monday, July 8. The service line connections are expected to take a few weeks.
Further construction will be being done by a road contractor for the City of Bloomington’s “PMP Street Improvement Project
.” CenterPoint Energy’s authorized contractor, Q3 Contracting, will restore the areas affected by Michels Corporation’s construction outside the limits of the city’s project.
Where, when, and why is CenterPoint Energy performing construction?
Crews from Michels Corporation, CenterPoint Energy Energy’s authorized contractor, will be replacing an existing natural gas distribution main with modern materials in Bloomington from Wednesday, June 12, to early August 2019. Project construction will occur along 104th St. W., 105th St. W., Penn Ave. S. and Morgan Ave. S. Work will occur in segments rather than all at once.
Further construction will be done by contractors for the City of Bloomington for the city’s “PMP Street Improvement Project
.” For more information on the city’s project, please visit its website.
What are the estimated traffic impacts?
- Residents and local businesses will have access to their properties.
- Construction will occur in segments along the construction route, rather than all at once. Lane restrictions are anticipated in areas where active construction is occurring and are necessary to keep both the public and construction personnel safe.
- CenterPoint Energy’s authorized contractor, Q3 Contracting, will restore the areas affected by Michels Corporation’s construction—typically the boulevard, lawn, sidewalk and road.
How may the natural gas service line installations affect customers?
- As part of this main project, the crews will be replacing several natural gas service lines that connect from the main to the customer’s property. Customers will experience a short disruption of gas service as the crews are installing the gas service line.
- Crews may have to dig in the ground on your property in the utility easement to complete the task of service and main distribution line replacement. If a customer’s property is disturbed, CNP will restore the hard and soft surfaces affected by construction at no cost to you.
- In addition to the natural gas service line installation, some customers may also have their inside gas meters moved to the outside of their homes as part of CenterPoint Energy’s long-term improvement project called “Moving Gas Meters Outside.” Please
click here to find out more about our project and
click here to see a one-page fact sheet with photographs of a meter move.
What is CenterPoint Energy’s mission, and how can I contact CenterPoint Energy?
At CenterPoint Energy, we are committed to providing timely and relevant information to our customers and the general public to minimize inconvenience or disruption due to our construction activities. CNP has provided safe, clean and efficient natural gas service to Minnesota communities for more than 145 years. We are proud of this record and strive to improve it by educating the public about the benefits of natural gas at CenterPointEnergy.com/BeSafe.
Updates will be posted on this Project Status page. For any questions, you can contact one of the following resources:
- Hannah Gullickson – 612-321-5546
Please reference the project name or number 89532613 when calling. We appreciate your business and look forward to continuing to serve you. Thank you very much.