Why get a ductless heating-cooling system?
We encounter three situations where Mitsubishi Electric ductless cooling systems are a good option for Minnesota homeowners:
1) Homes without ductwork – Is your home heated with a natural gas boiler and doesn’t have the air ducts/vents required for central air conditioning? If it’s impossible or impractical to install HVAC ductwork into your home, ductless air conditioning is an attractive alternative.
2) Certain room(s) routinely too hot – If your home’s current cooling system isn’t making particular areas/rooms sufficiently comfortable, our Mitsubishi Electric products can provide a supplemental source of cooling*.
3) Small home additions or renovations – If you’re adding a room onto your house, it may be difficult or expensive to join it with your home’s existing heating-and-cooling system. Mitsubishi Electric ductless air conditioners allow you to comfortably cool your home addition. It also works great for enclosed patios and three- or four-season rooms.
*If you have a central air conditioning system but it isn’t meeting your cooling needs, it could be from a variety of fixable problems. Take advantage of our free consultation assessing your current unit and needs.
How does Mitsubishi Electric's ductless cooling work?
As the video below explains, Mitsubishi Electric’s quiet and powerful cooling systems have three main components: an indoor unit, outdoor unit and remote controller.
Mitsubishi Electric ductless system components fit into almost any space because their innovative engineering optimizes the capabilities of the INVERTER technology and R410A refrigerant for more efficient systems with smaller indoor and outdoor units.
Attractive comfort, clean air
Indoors, Mitsubishi Electric comfort systems provide flexibility by offering indoor air-handling units in a variety of styles: wall mounted, floor mounted, ceiling recessed and ducted. They’re also equipped with an anti-allergen filter and prevent the cross-flow of air with contaminants. Because they can be controlled by zone, it’s easy to set the controls for the exact room temperature you want.
At Home Service Plus®, we only recommend ductless cooling systems in certain situations (discussed above in Why Get a Ductless Heating-Cooling System?) because central air conditioning is a better option for most of our homeowners or customers. You can always ask your HSP trusted expert about the best heating-and-cooling options for your home.
How much does ductless-split air conditioning cost?
The typical cost of a Mitsubishi Electric cooling system ranges from $4,500 – $12,000 and up, installation included.
Why do prices vary so greatly?
The cost of a split-ductless air conditioning system largely depends on:
- Size of cooling area
- Performance requirements
The less expensive side of the price range tends to represent the cost of ductless air conditioning in smaller areas or single rooms, where the higher-cost side encompasses multi-zone ductless cooling and larger areas.
Systems with higher SEER ratings (Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratios) cost less to operate, but tend to cost more upfront, than lower efficiency AC systems.
Also, remember that environmental factors, such as the climate and the shade coverage on your home, can significantly affect the performance requirements for your ductless AC system!
The price of a Mitsubishi Electric ductless cooling system is important, but remember to consider:
HSP’s ductless cooling prices include professional installation from licensed, certified and pre-screened technicians, as well as industry-leading warranties on parts and labor.
Is a ductless cooling system right for me?
We only recommend Mitsubishi Electric heating-cooling systems in certain situations because natural gas furnaces or boilers heat Minnesota homes much more efficiently than electric systems.
However, Mitsubishi Electric ductless systems provide a lot of flexibility, making them an option for solving many home cooling problems.
During your free consultation we will:
- Determine optimal equipment sizing: We measure your home and provide you with a computerized heat loss/heat gain assessment to ensure you get the right size air conditioning unit.
- Evaluate your cooling needs: We review code, comfort, noise or other potential factors to help ensure your system is efficient, compliant and convenient.
- Share your options: We sit down and review the cost, warranty, efficiency and other important info for each Daikin, Ruud and Mitsubishi central air conditioning model that may meet your needs. We’ll also alert you to any money-saving rebates and provide flexible payment options.
- Give you expert recommendations: Our licensed, certified and prescreened air-conditioning experts give you their opinions.
- Help you reach a smart decision: We patiently answer your questions in a friendly, professional visit. We help give you peace of mind and will never sell you something you don’t need.