When it comes to your home's cooling system, "waiting for a break" is a potentially high-cost, stressful approach to central A/C maintenance.
The Cooling Tune-up plan offers you a value-driven way to help:
- Maximize your A/C system efficiency
- Reduce the chance of a breakdown
- Help extend its life
$8.99/month$4.49/month1, the 18-point Cooling Tune-up plan provides a thorough, maintenance check of your A/C from a local, licensed contractor you can trust. To get started, simply sign into My Account and then enroll in the
optional Cooling Tune-up plan*.
As a CenterPoint Energy customer, your rate is only $4.49 per month* a savings of 50% off the first year. Savings as compared to the renewal price. You will be automatically renewed annually at the then-current renewal price (currently $8.99 per month, plus any applicable taxes).
Why use a Tune-up Plan for preventive A/C maintenance?
With a Cooling Tune-up you get these benefits:
- Affordable, budget friendly maintenance
- Trusted local, licensed and insured contractors
What is covered?
- Check thermostat operation
- Check voltage and amperage to all motors
- Clean filter or replace (customer supplied)
- Inspect indoor blower and motor for dirt buildup
- Check system temperature split
- Inspect bearings and lubricate all moving parts (if needed)
- Inspect disconnect
- Inspect condensate drain
- Inspect fuses
- Exterior Coil Cleaning
- Inspect wiring
- Inspect duct seal at unit and secure panels
- Tighten electrical connections
- Run and test system
- Inspect contactors, relays and pressure controls
- Interior coil inspection
- Inspect electrical safety circuits
- Outdoor coil inspection
Enrollment in the Cooling Tune-up plan is totally optional and it can be combined with other heating and cooling repair plans.