Air Sealing and Insulation Rebate
Get a rebate up to $1,100
CenterPoint Energy offers a rebate for residential air sealing and insulation upgrades. Qualifying upgrades to the attic or the exterior walls of your home can improve comfort, lower your utility bills, and earn you a rebate check from CenterPoint Energy.
Attic air sealing only
Attic air sealing + qualifying attic insulation
Attic insulation only
No rebate available
Qualifying wall insulation
|Rim Joist insulation*||$100 only as an add-on with one of the measures above.|
Before You Get Started
To learn more about how to make your home more energy efficient, including how to prevent the heat leakage that contributes to ice dams, get a Home Energy Squad visit from CenterPoint Energy.
Schedule a visit by calling our vendor: 651-328-6220
Note: CenterPoint Energy highly recommends getting a Home Energy Squad visit before you move forward with a major improvement project, however, it is not required in order to participate in the Air Sealing and Insulation rebate program.
Step 1: Contact a Rebate Eligible Installer
To qualify for a CenterPoint Energy rebate, your upgrade project must be completed by a
Rebate Eligible Installer. We recommend you get multiple bids before deciding which Rebate Eligible Installer you will work with.
Step 2: Complete a Qualifying Upgrade Project
To qualify for a CenterPoint Energy rebate, your upgrade project must be completed by a Rebate Eligible Installer.
Qualifying Attic Weatherization Projects:
- Must include air sealing of all accessible attic air leaks. No rebate will be issued for attic upgrade projects that do not include sealing of all accessible attic air leaks.
- May also include attic insulation improved from a pre-existing R-value of R-30 or lower to a post R-value of R-49 or higher. No rebate will be issued for attic-insulation-only upgrade projects.
Qualifying Wall Insulation Projects:
- Are available only for homes improved from an insulation level of R-5 or less to a level of R-11 or more.
- Must improve substantial areas of inadequately insulated exterior wall space
- Attic knee walls are excluded from this portion of the rebate program.
Rebate application forms are available from your Rebate Eligible Installer.
Step 3: Submit Application and Receive Rebate
- Your Rebate Eligible Installer will submit your rebate application (including electronic copy of the dated invoice) through our online rebate processing system by December 31.
- We’ll notify you when the rebate application has been submitted and again when payment is approved. Note: providing your installer with your email address allows for faster notification.
- Receive your rebate check within eight weeks of when we get the completed rebate application.
Contractors Interested in Becoming Rebate Eligible Installers
Crystal Manik at CenterPoint Energy at 612-321-4849 to get started.
- Installer crew leaders must have active RBE-WHALCI (Residential Building Envelope Whole House Air Leakage Control Installer) certification from the Building Performance Institute - this is a rebate program pre-requisite.
All rebates must be submitted by December 31 in the calendar year of installation.