If you believe that CenterPoint Energy may have some responsibility for causing a loss you have experienced, or if you would like to report damage to CenterPoint Energy facilities, please use the form below to submit a claim.

Documentation Needed

When you file a claim, it will be assigned to a licensed claims adjuster to conduct an investigation. As part of the investigation, your claims adjuster may request certain documentation to evaluate your claim. The following types of documentation may be requested from you, but does not constitute an exhaustive list of the information that a claims adjuster may review to arrive at a claim determination.

Type of Claim Documentation Needed
​Property or Vehicle Damage Claims ​Estimates, Invoices, and/or Proof of Purchase, Titles
​Personal Injury Claims ​Medical Records and Receipts

To learn more about CenterPoint Energy's claim process before filing a claim, please view our claims processing details.

NOTE: If you are reporting an electric line down, gas blowing or any other emergency situation, please call 911 and CenterPoint Energy at 713-207-2222 (electric) or 713-659-2111 (gas) for emergency situations.