Weatherization Assistance Programs
CenterPoint Energy's Agencies in Action helps income-eligible housing by providing whole-house energy weatherization upgrades.
Nov. 4, 2022, is the final date for
enrollment. All submissions after this date will be
placed on a waiting list for 2023.
This program provides a free energy audit for
qualified residents to assess the energy-saving needs of single-family homes in
CenterPoint Energy’s Houston Electric Territory. Homes must be in a good state
of repair to perform the energy audit. Homes with sheetrock damage,
foundation, or plumbing issues may not qualify for the program. The energy audit may qualify you for the following weatherization upgrades:
- Air infiltration (caulking and sealing exterior penetrations in your home)
- HVAC tune-ups or upgrades
- Low-flow showerheads
- Water heater pipe insulation
- Solar screens (on the south and west-facing windows)
- LED lighting
- Ceiling or wall insulation
You qualify if:
- You are a
residential customer of CenterPoint Energy's Texas Electric Service area
- Your home is at least 16 years old
- You have an annual household income that qualifies you to meet
low-income guidelines; or
- You receive benefits from a
public assistance program (SNAP, Medical Assistance or Medicare, Supplemental Security Income, Public Housing, Children's Health Insurance, Temporary Assistance to Needy Families)
You have options on how to apply:
- Fill out the form below and we'll follow up with you within 3 business days
- Contact the
area community agencies and
non-profit organizations listed under the quick links to the right directly.
Terms and conditions apply.
CenterPoint Energy's Agencies in Action Program Application
*Fields with asterisks are required.