The qualifying equipment must be installed in a Minnesota home served with natural gas from CenterPoint Energy between January 1 and December 31. The completed Online Rebate Form must be submitted no later than December 31 in the year in which equipment was installed.
CenterPoint Energy reserves the right to inspect the installed equipment.
Who Receives the Rebate
- Plumbers and dealers are not eligible to receive their customer’s rebate.
- Building contractors should negotiate with homeowners to determine who receives the rebate.
- Equipment installed under warranty replacement does not qualify for the rebate.
- CenterPoint Energy is not responsible for determining who receives final payment under this program.
Required Energy Ratings
For a rebate to apply the new equipment must be listed and usage bin and uniform energy factor verified on the current Air Conditioning, Heating and Refrigeration Institute or ENERGY STAR® website.
For the current water heater rebates and energy ratings please visit the
Water Heater Rebates page.
Attach Proof of Purchase and Installation (Plumber or Dealer Installed)
A clear copy of the dated sales invoice/receipt from the dealer to the purchaser must be included with the rebate application.
- Brand and complete model number of the water heater
- Dealer company name and address
A clear copy of the dated sales invoice/receipt from the retailer to the purchaser must be included with the completed rebate application. The receipt must describe the water heater that was purchased. It cannot be a packing list, recall or generic receipt.
- CenterPoint Energy is not responsible if the dealer does not provide accurate information about the amount of a rebate or equipment eligibility.
- It is the responsibility of the dealer and the purchaser to ensure that the program requirements are met. If program requirements are not met, no rebate will be paid.
- Rebate qualifications and amounts are subject to change.
- CenterPoint Energy Conservation Improvement Program (CIP) rebate programs may be cancelled or changed at any time.
- CenterPoint Energy issues a cash rebate not utility bill credits.