Air Sealing and Insulation Rebate Terms & Conditions
These Terms & Conditions apply to use of the CenterPoint Energy Air Sealing & Insulation Rebate.
This rebate program applies only to Minnesota homes heated with natural gas from CenterPoint Energy. Rental properties are eligible to participate in this rebate program; however, it is the responsibility of the property owner to authorize all work to be performed on the home.
Who Receives the Rebate
To qualify for a rebate, CenterPoint Energy customers must hire a Rebate Eligible Installer, complete a qualifying upgrade project, and submit completed rebate application documents. Rebates will be issued only for measures installed between January 1 and December 31. Rebate qualifications and amounts are subject to change. Rebate funds are limited. Rebates will not be paid if funds are depleted prior to December 31. Rebate application materials must be submitted no later than December 31 in the year in which equipment was installed to be considered for a rebate. CenterPoint Energy reserves the right to verify installed air sealing and insulation measures.
- The rebate will be paid to the gas customer at the improved property; or an alternate payee if specified on the rebate application.
- CenterPoint Energy is not responsible for determining who receives final payment under this program.
To qualify for a CenterPoint Energy rebate, the upgrade project must be completed by Rebate Eligible Installer.
Qualifying Attic Weatherization Projects
- Must include air sealing of all accessible attic air leaks including attic access panel, plumbing and electric bypasses, wall top plates, recessed light fixtures and other attic penetrations. No rebate will be issued for attic upgrade projects that do not include sealing of all accessible attic air leaks.
- May also include attic insulation improved from a pre-existing R-value of R-30 or lower to a post R-value of R-49 or higher. No rebate will be issued for attic-insulation-only upgrade projects.
Qualifying Wall Insulation Projects
- May only be performed in homes with substantial areas of inadequately insulated (R-5 or lower pre-existing) exterior wall space in heated/conditioned areas.
- Must include wall insulation improved from a pre-existing R-value of R-5 or lower to a post R-value of R-11 or higher through all areas of inadequately insulated exterior wall space.
- Attic knee walls are excluded from this portion of rebate program.
Rebate excludes upgrades to new construction, garages, 3-season rooms, basements, rim joists, crawl spaces, sheds, and workshops. All upgrade measures must be installed to manufacturer's specifications and must meet all federal, state and local code requirements.
Qualifying Rim Joist Insulation Projects
- Must be completed in combination with either a Qualifying Attic Weatherization Project or a Qualifying Wall Insulation Project (rebate not available on a standalone basis).
- Must improve at least 50% of the total rim joist area.
- Must improve rim joist insulation from R-0 to at least R-11.
For attic air sealing, the rebate will equal $300. For attic air sealing and qualifying attic insulation the rebate will equal $500. No rebate will be issued for attic upgrade projects that do not include sealing of all accessible attic air leaks.
For qualifying wall insulation, the rebate will equal $500. No rebate will be issued for attic-insulation-only upgrade projects.
For qualifying rim joist insulation the rebate will equal $100.
No rebate will be issued for attic-insulation-only upgrade projects.
No rebate will be issued for rim-joist-insulation-only upgrade projects.
- CenterPoint Energy is not responsible if the dealer does not provide accurate information in the rebate submission.
- It is the responsibility of the Rebate Eligible Installer and the purchaser to ensure that the program requirements are met. If program requirements are not met, no rebate will be paid.
- Rebate qualifications and amounts are subject to change. CenterPoint Energy Conservation Improvement Program (CIP) rebate programs may be cancelled or changed at any time.
- CenterPoint Energy issues cash rebates in the form of checks, not utility bill credits.