Heating System Rebates for Builders & Developers
CenterPoint Energy offers homebuilders great rebates when they purchase and install qualifying high-efficiency heating equipment in the homes they build. Start adding to your bottom line with rebates.
|Forced-air furnace||90% to 94.9% AFUE||$300|
|Forced-air furnace||95% AFUE
|Direct-vent wall furnace||80% AFUE
|Hydronic heating system||82% AFUE
How the program works
- Please review the Terms and Conditions below.
- Work with your heating dealer to buy and install qualifying heating systems for the homes or businesses you build on CenterPoint Energy service lines between Jan. 1-Dec. 31.
- Have your heating dealer submit a rebate application for your installation (including electronic copy of the dated invoice containing the required information in the Terms & Conditions below) through our online rebate processing system.
- Receive your rebate check within eight weeks of when we receive the completed rebate application.
Terms & Conditions
This rebate offer is only available to homes and businesses served with natural gas from CenterPoint Energy in Mississippi. The completed Online Rebate Form must be submitted no later than December 31 in the year equipment was installed.
Equipment installed under warranty replacement does not qualify for the rebate.
CenterPoint Energy reserves the right to inspect the installed equipment.
Builders should negotiate with homeowners to determine who receives the rebate.
Heating dealers are not eligible to receive their customer’s rebate.
Dated invoice must include
- Purchaser name
- Installation address
- Brand of heating system
- Complete model number
- Serial number of heating system
- Dealer company name and address
- New programmable thermostat brand and complete model number must also be listed on invoice for qualifying installations.
- Rebates will be processed in the order that they were received and are paid on a first-come, first serve basis.
- CenterPoint Energy is not responsible if the dealer does not provide accurate information about the amount of a rebate or equipment eligibility.
- It is the responsibility of the dealer and the purchaser to ensure that the program requirements are met. If program requirements are not met, no rebate will be paid.
- Rebate qualifications and amounts are subject to change.
- CenterPoint Energy Conservation Improvement Program (CIP) rebate programs may be cancelled or changed at any time.
- CenterPoint Energy issues a cash rebate not utility bill credits.
CenterPoint Energy reserves the right to limit any rebate and conduct on-site inspection of installed equipment. All decisions by CenterPoint Energy regarding energy savings, cost savings, rebate amounts and approvals are final. CenterPoint Energy cannot guarantee energy savings and does not rebate equipment under warranty.
Rebate program funds are budgeted on an annual basis.
Some utility rebates are taxable under Internal Revenue Service rules. Customers are responsible for all applicable taxes.
All rebates must be submitted by Dec. 31, 2018.