Woodland – Wayzata Bay Neighborhood
Scheduled Start Date: May 3, 2021
- If you contact CenterPoint Energy, please reference the project’s name or number 96699094.
What will CenterPoint Energy do?
Beginning May 3 and lasting into late summer of 2021, CenterPoint Energy’s authorized contractors will work in Woodland along the following streets:
- Maplewood Road from Breezy Point Road to Maple Ridge Road and from Maplewood Circle E. to Spirit Knob Road
- Gale Road south of Maplewood Circle W.
- Shavers Lane east of Maplewood Road
- Woolsey Lane and Breezy Heights Road north of Breezy Point Road
- Maple Hill Road just west of County Road 101
- Stone Arch Road just west of McKenzie Point Road
While Michels Corporation will replace the natural gas main, connect the natural gas service lines to the new main, and move any inside residential meters outside, Q3 Contracting will restore the areas affected by Michels Corporation’s work. During this time, lane or parking closures may occur.
What are the traffic impacts?
- On Maplewood Road from Breezy Point Road to Maple Ridge Road and on Breezy Point Road from Woolsey Lane to Breezy Heights Road, the crews will have a lane shift with flaggers to maintain two-way traffic.
- On Maplewood Circle W. from Maplewood Circle E. to Spirit Knob Road and on Maplewood Circle E. from Marshland Road to Maplewood Circle W., the crews will close the road to through traffic. Local residents will have access. The crews will be on site to assist residents with access.
- These closures will happen in segments rather than all at once.
What is CenterPoint Energy's COVID-19 protocol?
According to the Governor of Minnesota’s order
, gas main replacement is an essential work function. This allows for the modernization of related gas facilities. The gas main work requires excavations in various locations in the right-of-way (front yard) to facilitate the installation work.
As social distancing practices and proper use of PPE, face masks and gloves have become normalized and as customers are willing to allow properly protected personnel into their homes to complete required work to modernize gas facilities, which is essential work, CenterPoint Energy authorized contractors will enter customer homes to complete work only with customer permission.
The purpose of this letter is to advise that with customer permission, crews will now enter homes to complete necessary gas meter work. If you choose not to allow crews to enter your home, gas service will not be interrupted, and we will reschedule for a time better suited to concerns you may have. Crews will continue to replace service lines. Crews may have to dig in the ground on your property in the utility easement and next to your home to complete the task of service line replacement.