Wayzata – Ridgeview Drive
Scheduled Start Date: September 7, 2021
- If you contact CenterPoint Energy for any questions, please reference the project’s name or number 98681443.
Beginning after Labor Day and lasting into fall 2021, CenterPoint Energy’s authorized contractors will work in Wayzata along the following streets: Ridgeview Drive from Ferndale Road N. to Broadway Avenue N.; Broadway Avenue N. at Ridgeview Drive E.; and Margaret Circle, Far Hill Road, and Far Hill Court.
What will CenterPoint Energy do?
While Michels Corporation will replace the natural gas mains, connect the natural gas service lines to the new mains, and move any inside residential meters outside, Q3 Contracting will restore the areas affected by Michels Corporation’s work. During this time, lane or parking closures may occur.
What is CenterPoint Energy's COVID-19 protocol?
The construction crews and personnel will continue to use the Covid-19 Customer Permission Flyer
, which requests customer permission prior to entering homes. Personnel, contractors and CenterPoint Energy employees will continue to practice CDC guidelines regarding social distancing, sanitary practices and wearing face masks when entering customer homes.
What if I have an inside gas meter?
- The customer will receive a CenterPoint Energy postcard in the mail typically within one or two weeks prior to the day when the Michels Corporation crews will perform the work. The crews will have CenterPoint Energy-authorized photo IDs stating that they are employees of Michels Corporation.
- After the customer receives the postcard, the foreman will arrive at the customer's house to schedule an appointment that typically meets with the customer's schedule. If the customer isn't home when they arrive, they will leave a door tag with their contact information to schedule an appointment.
- Customers are advised to set aside a two- to four-hour time frame for the inside-to-outside gas meter move. They are also advised to mark their privately-installed utilities such as dog fences or sprinklers. Marking can be accomplished with tools such as spray paint or utility flags.
- The foreman will access the natural gas meter inside the house, move the meter outside, and relight the natural gas appliance pilot lights after the new meter has been relocated. Customers with outside meters will be notified prior to the replacement or connection of the service lines to the new mains.