Wayzata - North of Wayzata Bay
Scheduled Start Date: April 12
What will CenterPoint Energy do?
From April 12 to late May 2021, CenterPoint Energy’s authorized contractors will work in Wayzata along the following streets:
- Barry and Minnetonka Avenues S. between Lake Street and Rice Street E.
- Rice Street E. between Barry and Minnetonka Avenues S.
- Manitoba Avenue S. between Indian Mound E. and Rice Street E.
- Shady Lane E. west of Arlington Circle
- Benton Avenue N. between Wayzata Boulevard E. and Gardner Street E.
- Shadyway Road west of Central Avenue S.
While Michels Corporation will replace the natural gas main, connect the natural gas service lines to the new main, and move any inside residential meters outside, Q3 Contracting will restore the areas affected by Michels Corporation’s work outside the limits of the City of Wayzata’s Lake Streets Improvements project
What are the traffic impacts?
Work will happen in segments rather than all at once. Flaggers may be on site directing traffic. In areas of active construction, the following traffic plans will take place in their respective places:
- Parking will be restricted on both sides of Shady Lane E. and Shadyway Road.
- When the southbound lane on Barry Avenue S. between Lake Street E. and Wayzata Boulevard E. is closed, detour signs will lead drivers to Wayzata Boulevard E., Minnetonka Avenue S. and Lake Street E. Entrances to parking lots will remain open.
- When Rice Street is closed between Barry and Manitoba Avenues, detour signs will lead through traffic to Manitoba Avenue, Lake Street and Barry Avenue.
- When Rice Street is closed between Barry and Manitoba Avenues, detour signs will lead through traffic to Minnetonka Avenue, Lake Street and Barry Avenue.
- When Rice Street is closed between Manitoba and Minnetonka Avenues, detour signs will lead through traffic to Minnetonka Avenue, Indian Mound E. and Manitoba Avenue.
- When Rice Street is closed for half a block from Minnetonka Avenue toward Walker Avenue, detour signs will lead through traffic to Walker Avenue, Indian Mound E. and Minnetonka Avenue.
- When Manitoba Avenue is closed for half a block from Rice Street to Indian Mound E., detour signs will lead through traffic to Rice Street, Minnetonka Avenue and Indian Mound E.
- On Minnetonka Avenue between Lake Street and Wayzata Boulevard, a lane shift will occur. Parking will be restricted on both sides of Minnetonka Avenue.