Project Status - Wayzata - Central Avenue S. and Circle Drive E. Reconstruction
Crews from Michels Corporation, CenterPoint Energy’s authorized contractor, finished the natural gas work for the project. Crews from Q3 Contracting, CenterPoint Energy’s authorized contractor, are restoring the areas affected by Michels Corporation’s construction outside the limits of the city’s project.
- Crews from Michels Corporation, CenterPoint Energy’s authorized contractor, have replaced natural gas mains on Huntington Avenue S.; Circle Drive E. between Circle A. Drive S. and Central Avenue S.; and Central Avenue S. between Circle Drive E. and LaSalle Street. The crews have connected all the project’s natural gas service lines to these new mains.
- Currently the crews are replacing an additional main on Central Avenue S. Since the crews have closed one lane, flaggers are in place to help maintain two-way traffic.
- The remaining natural gas work for CenterPoint Energy’s project will take approximately two or three more weeks.
- Crews from Q3 Contracting, CenterPoint Energy’s authorized contractor, will restore the areas affected by Michels Corporation’s construction outside the limits of the city’s project. While the city will be restoring Circle Drive E., Q3 Contracting will restore Central Avenue S.
Where, when, and why is CenterPoint Energy performing construction?
From Wednesday, July 31, to late September 2019, CenterPoint Energy’s authorized contractor, Michels Corporation, will be replacing natural gas mains in Wayzata along selected streets in the Central Avenue S. and Circle Drive E. neighborhood. Further construction will be done by road contractors for the City of Wayzata for the city’s project.
What are the estimated traffic impacts?
- Residents and local businesses will have access to their properties.
- Construction will occur in segments along the construction route, rather than all at once. Lane restrictions are anticipated in areas where active construction is occurring and are necessary to keep both the public and construction personnel safe.
- CenterPoint Energy’s authorized contractor, Q3 Contracting, will restore the areas affected by Michels Corporation’s construction—typically the boulevard, lawn, sidewalk and road—outside the limits of the city construction zone.
What is CenterPoint Energy’s mission, and how can I contact CenterPoint Energy?At CenterPoint Energy, we are committed to providing timely and relevant information to our customers and the general public to minimize inconvenience or disruption due to our construction activities. CNP has provided safe, clean and efficient natural gas service to Minnesota communities for more than 145 years. We are proud of this record and strive to improve it by educating the public about the benefits of natural gas at CenterPointEnergy.com/BeSafe.
Updates will be posted on this Project Status page. For any questions, you can contact one of the following resources:
- Hannah Gullickson – 612-321-5546
Please reference the project name or number 88925447 when calling. We appreciate your business and look forward to continuing to serve you. Thank you very much.