Dayton - S. Diamond Lake Road and Brockton Lane N.
2018 Scheduled Start Date: November 16
2019 Scheduled Start Date: Fall
Where, when, and why is CenterPoint Energy performing construction?
- Beginning on Friday, November 16, and ending within December 2018, CenterPoint Energy’s authorized contractor, Michels Corporation, will be replacing natural gas mains and connecting natural gas service lines to the installed mains in Dayton along S. Diamond Lake Road between Brockton Lane N. (County Road 13) and just east of Diamond Lake Trail.
- For approximately one month in fall 2019, Michels Corporation will be installing natural gas main and connecting natural gas service lines to the installed main along Brockton Lane north of Diamond Lake within the project route. The crews will also be performing the remainder of the work along Diamond Lake Road west of Diamond Lake Trail.
- Crews from Q3 Contracting, an authorized CenterPoint Energy contractor, will restore the areas affected by CenterPoint Energy’s construction—typically the utility easement, the street, and the customer’s yard. If restoration is not finished in 2018 because the weather is unconducive for permanent restoration, Q3 Contracting will temporarily restore the hard and soft surfaces affected by Michels Corporation’s construction. Q3 Contracting will return in the spring and summer 2019 construction season to permanently restore these areas.
What are the estimated traffic impacts?
- Two-way traffic will be maintained along S. Diamond Lake Road east of Diamond Lake Trail. Traffic control personnel will be on site.
- Between Brockton Lane and Diamond Lake Trail, the crews have closed S. Diamond Lake Road to through traffic. Local access is maintained. Detour signs will be on site.
- Construction will occur in segments along the construction route, rather than all at once. Lane restrictions are anticipated in areas where active construction is occurring and are necessary to keep both the public and construction personnel safe.
How may the natural gas service line installations affect customers?
- As part of this main project, the crews will be replacing several natural gas service lines that connect from the main to the customer’s property. Customers will experience a short disruption of gas service as the crews are installing the gas service line.
- Crews may have to dig in the ground on your property in the utility easement to complete the task of service and main distribution line replacement. If a customer’s property is disturbed, CNP will restore the hard and soft surfaces affected by construction at no cost to you.
What is CenterPoint Energy’s mission, and how can I contact CenterPoint Energy?
At CenterPoint Energy, we are committed to providing timely and relevant information to our customers and the general public to minimize inconvenience or disruption due to our construction activities. CNP has provided safe, clean and efficient natural gas service to Minnesota communities for more than 145 years. We are proud of this record and strive to improve it by educating the public about the benefits of natural gas at CenterPointEnergy.com/BeSafe.
Updates will be posted on the Project Status page below. In addition, you can contact one of the following CenterPoint Energy resources. Please reference the project name or number 88540470:
Communication Specialist, Hannah GullicksonInformation Hotline
We appreciate your business and look forward to continuing to serve you.