Plymouth – Between Medicine Lake and Highway 55
Scheduled Start Date: April 18, 2022
- If you contact CenterPoint Energy for any questions, please reference the project’s name or number 100198989 for the work near Medicine Lake and 100737612 for the work near Highway 55.
From Monday, April 18 into summer 2022, CenterPoint Energy’s authorized contractors will work in Minneapolis along the following streets:
What will CenterPoint Energy do?
- Peninsula Road from Jevne Park to South Shore Drive
- Kaiser Avenue from Peninsula Road to Colonial Circle
- Colonial Circle at Kaiser Avenue
- South Shore Drive from Peninsula Road to Bassett Creek
- Forestview Lane N. and Highway 55 from Goldenrod Lane N. to Evergreen Lane N.
- Goldenrod and Evergreen Lanes N. from Highway 55 to Forestview Lane N.
- Larch Lane N. from Highway 55 Frontage Road to the cul-de-sac east of Ives Lane N.
- Ives Lane N. from Larch Lane N. to Highway 55 Frontage Road
- Highway 55 Frontage Road from Larch to Ives Lanes N.
- Across Highway 55 from Kirkwood Lane N. to Highway 55 Frontage Road
While Michels Corporation will replace the natural gas mains, connect the natural gas service lines to the new mains, and move any inside meters outside, Q3 Contracting will restore the areas affected by Michels Corporation’s work.
What are the traffic impacts?
During this time, lane shifts will occur. Parking may be restricted on the side of the street where the crews are working. At different times, the crews will close Evergreen Lane N., Goldenrod Lane, and Ives Lane at Highway 55. Detour signs will be on site. Flaggers may be on site along the frontage road and at the intersection of Larch Lane and Ives Lane.
What is CenterPoint Energy’s COVID-19 protocol?
The construction crews and personnel will continue to use the Covid-19 Customer Permission Flyer
, which requests customer permission prior to entering homes. Personnel, contractors and CenterPoint Energy employees will continue to practice CDC guidelines regarding social distancing, sanitary practices and wearing face masks when entering customer homes.
The customer will receive a CenterPoint Energy postcard in the mail typically within one or two weeks prior to the day when the Michels Corporation crews will perform the work. The crews will have CenterPoint Energy-authorized photo IDs stating that they are employees of Michels Corporation.
What if I have an inside gas meter?
After the customer receives the postcard, the foreman will arrive at the customer’s house to schedule an appointment that typically meets with the customer’s schedule. If the customer isn’t home when they arrive, they will leave a door tag with their contact information to schedule an appointment with them.
Customers are advised to set aside a two- to four-hour time frame for the inside-to-outside gas meter move. They are also advised to mark their privately-installed utilities such as dog fences or sprinklers. Marking can be accomplished with tools such as spray paint or utility flags. The foreman will access the natural gas meter inside the house, move the meter outside, and relight the natural gas appliance pilot lights after the new meter has been relocated.
Customers with outside meters will be notified prior to the replacement or connection of the service lines to the new mains. Areas affected by our work will be restored to their original condition.
What should I expect during restoration?
On the soft surfaces such as boulevards and lawns, various erosion control measures keep the restored area moist, hold seed in the soil, and enhance seed germination. If an erosion blanket is needed it is secured in place with staples. The mesh is a wood fiber that will completely degrade. Prior to mowing the restored area, remove any loose staples that secured the blanket. For photo examples, please visit our Restoration Practices