Plymouth – 15th Avenue N. and Oakview Lane N.
Scheduled Start Date: March 29, 2021
What will CenterPoint Energy do?
From March 29 to late spring or early summer 2021, CenterPoint Energy’s authorized contractors will work in Plymouth along the following streets:
- 15th Avenue N. between 14th Avenue N. and Highway 55 Frontage Road
- Pineview Lane N. between 13th and 15th Avenues N.
- Oakview Lane N. between 11th and 15th Avenues N.
- 11th Avenue N. between Pineview and Magnolia Lanes N.
- 12th Avenue N. between Oakview and Kirkwood Lanes N.
- Magnolia Lane N. between 11th and 12th Avenues N.
- Kirkwood Lane N. between Highway 55 Frontage Road and the cul-de-sac
While Michels Corporation will replace the natural gas main, connect the natural gas service lines to the new main, and move any inside residential meters outside, Q3 Contracting will restore the areas affected by Michels Corporation’s work.
What will the traffic impacts be?
At different times, the crews will close the following roads to through traffic. Local access will be maintained. More details will be added closer to the project’s start date:
- Pineview Lane N. from 13th to 15th Avenues N. Through traffic will be detoured to 11th Avenue N., Oakview Lane N., and 15th Avenue N.
- Oakview Lane N. from 12th to 15th Avenues N. Through traffic will be detoured to 11th Avenue N., Pineview Lane N., and 15th Avenue N.
- Kirkwood Lane N. from 12th Avenue N. to 15th Avenue N. (the frontage road). Through traffic will be detoured to 12th Avenue N., Oakview Lane N., and 15th Avenue N.
- When the crews work in the northeastern section of 11th Avenue N. and Pineview Lane N., parking will be restricted on both sides of Pineview Lane N. just north of 11th Avenue N. and on 11th Avenue N. just east of Pineview Lane N. Four-way traffic will be maintained.
What is CenterPoint Energy’s COVID-19 protocol?
According to the Governor of Minnesota’s order
, gas main replacement is an essential work function. This allows for the modernization of related gas facilities. The gas main work requires excavations in various locations in the right-of-way (front yard) to facilitate the installation work.
As social distancing practices and proper use of PPE, face masks and gloves have become normalized and as customers are willing to allow properly protected personnel into their homes to complete required work to modernize gas facilities, which is essential work, CenterPoint Energy authorized contractors will enter customer homes to complete work only with customer permission.
The purpose of this flyer is to advise that with customer permission, crews will now enter homes to complete necessary gas meter work. If you choose not to allow crews to enter your home, gas service will not be interrupted, and we will reschedule for a time better suited to concerns you may have. Crews will continue to replace service lines. Crews may have to dig in the ground on your property in the utility easement and next to your home to complete the task of service line replacement.