Minneapolis - North Loop Neighborhood
Scheduled Start Date: May 6, 2019
Where, when, and why is CenterPoint Energy performing construction?
From Monday, May 6, to late June 2019, CenterPoint Energy’s authorized contractor, Michels Corporation, will be replacing natural gas mains and connecting natural gas service lines to the installed mains in Minneapolis along the following streets in the North Loop Neighborhood:
- 5th Avenue N. between 2nd and 5th Streets N.
- 3rd Street N. at 7th and 10th Avenues N.
- 7th Avenue N. between 3rd Street N. and the alley between 3rd and 4th Streets N.
CenterPoint Energy’s work will be done in coordination with the City of Minneapolis’s North Loop Paving Project
. For more information on the city’s project, please visit its website.
What are the estimated traffic impacts?
- Residents and local businesses will have access to their properties.
- Construction will occur in segments along the construction route, rather than all at once. Lane restrictions are anticipated in areas where active construction is occurring and are necessary to keep both the public and construction personnel safe.
- The city will restore the areas affected by its work. CenterPoint Energy’s authorized contractor, Q3 Contracting, will restore the areas affected by our work outside the city’s limits.
How may the natural gas service line installations affect customers?
- As part of this main project, the crews will be replacing several natural gas service lines that connect from the main to the customer’s property. Customers will experience a short disruption of gas service as the crews are installing the gas service line.
- Crews may have to dig in the ground on your property in the utility easement to complete the task of service and main distribution line replacement. If a customer’s property is disturbed, CNP will restore the hard and soft surfaces affected by construction at no cost to you.
What is CenterPoint Energy’s mission, and how can I contact CenterPoint Energy?
At CenterPoint Energy, we are committed to providing timely and relevant information to our customers and the general public to minimize inconvenience or disruption due to our construction activities. CNP has provided safe, clean and efficient natural gas service to Minnesota communities for more than 145 years. We are proud of this record and strive to improve it by educating the public about the benefits of natural gas at CenterPointEnergy.com/BeSafe.
Updates will be posted on our Project Status page below. For any questions, you can contact one of the following resources:
- Hannah Gullickson – 612-321-5546
Please reference the project name or number 88936514 when calling. We appreciate your business and look forward to continuing to serve you. Thank you very much.