Minneapolis - North Loop 2020 Neighborhood
Scheduled Start Date: April 13, 2020
CenterPoint Energy’s project is anticipated to last from April 13 to late summer 2020. It will happen along the northern side of 1st Street N. between River Street and Hennepin Avenue. The project will be done in phases:
- Second Phase: From Hennepin Avenue to 2nd Avenue N. This phase will start in late June or early July and take approximately seven to eight weeks.
Crews from Michels Corporation, CenterPoint Energy’s authorized contractor, will replace the natural gas main. Crews from Q3 Contracting, CenterPoint Energy’s authorized contractor, will restore the areas affected by Michels Corporation’s work outside the limits of the city’s project.
Traffic impacts: Work will occur in segments rather than all at once.
- For the majority of the project, the crews will work in the northern lanes, keeping two-way traffic in the southern lanes.
- Wherever active construction is occurring (typically two blocks at a time), parking will be prohibited on both sides of 1st Street N.
- For a few business days in the last week of April, the crews will close southbound 4th Avenue N. at 1st Street N., detouring traffic to West River Parkway, Plymouth Avenue, 2nd Street N., 3rd Avenue N. and 1st Street N.
These restrictions are anticipated in areas where active construction is occurring and are necessary to keep both the public and construction personnel safe. Local access will be maintained.
What is CenterPoint Energy’s mission, and how can I contact CenterPoint Energy?At CenterPoint Energy, we are committed to providing timely and relevant information to our customers and the general public to minimize inconvenience or disruption due to our construction activities. CNP has provided safe, clean and efficient natural gas service to Minnesota communities for more than 145 years. We are proud of this record and strive to improve it by educating the public about the benefits of natural gas at CenterPointEnergy.com/BeSafe.
For any questions, you can contact one of the following resources:
- Hannah Gullickson – 612-321-5546
Please reference the project name or number 92766533 when calling. We appreciate your business and look forward to continuing to serve you. Thank you very much.