Project Status - Minneapolis - Hiawatha Crossing
- From October 9 to approximately October 11, crews from Michels Corporation, CenterPoint Energy’s authorized contractor, anticipate replacing one of the two natural gas mains on 16th Avenue S. from 22nd Street E. to Franklin Avenue E. During this time, the crews will work along the west side of 16th Avenue S. with parking available on the opposite side.
- For approximately one week beginning in the week of October 14, the crews anticipate replacing the second of the natural gas mains on 16th Avenue S. from 22nd Street E. to Franklin Avenue E. During this same week, they also anticipate replacing natural gas main on 22nd Street E. from 17th to 16th Avenues S. During these weeks, the crews will fully close these streets. Detour signs will be on site.
Where, when, and why is CenterPoint Energy performing construction?
From early October to late November 2019, crews from CenterPoint Energy’s authorized contractor, Michels Corporation, will be replacing natural gas mains along the following streets in Minneapolis:
- 17th Avenue S. north of Franklin Avenue E. and south of 22nd Street E.
- 16th Avenue S. between 18th and 22nd Streets E.
- Franklin Avenue E. between 15th Avenue S. and Hiawatha Avenue
- 22nd Street E. between 16th Avenue S. and Hiawatha
What are the estimated traffic impacts?
- Residents and local businesses will have access to their properties.
Construction will occur in segments along the construction route, rather than all at once. In some areas, full road closures are expected for a limited time. Lane or road restrictions are anticipated in areas where active construction is occurring and are necessary to keep both the public and construction personnel safe.
- CenterPoint Energy’s authorized contractor, Q3 Contracting, will restore the areas affected by Michels Corporation’s construction—typically the boulevard, lawn, sidewalk and road.
What is CenterPoint Energy’s mission, and how can I contact CenterPoint Energy?At CenterPoint Energy, we are committed to providing timely and relevant information to our customers and the general public to minimize inconvenience or disruption due to our construction activities. CNP has provided safe, clean and efficient natural gas service to Minnesota communities for more than 145 years. We are proud of this record and strive to improve it by educating the public about the benefits of natural gas at CenterPointEnergy.com/BeSafe.
Updates will be posted on this Project Status page. For any questions, you can contact one of the following resources:
- Hannah Gullickson – 612-321-5546
Please reference the project name or number 87525753 when calling. We appreciate your business and look forward to continuing to serve you. Thank you very much.