Minneapolis - Diamond Lake Area 2018 and 2019
Scheduled Start Date: December 10, 2018
Where, when, and why is CenterPoint Energy performing construction?
- CenterPoint Energy’s authorized contractor, Michels Corporation, will be replacing a natural gas main and connecting natural gas service lines to the installed main along the east side of Portland Avenue S. between E. 56th Street and E. 60th Street.
- The work will begin on Monday, December 10; continue through the end of December 2018 or January 2019; and resume in April 2019.
- This work is in preparation for CenterPoint Energy’s Minneapolis 2019 Belt Line Project, which will begin in April 2019. For more information on the belt line project, please visit its web page.
- Crews from Q3 Contracting, an authorized CenterPoint Energy contractor, will restore the areas affected by CenterPoint Energy’s construction—typically the utility easement, the street, and the customer’s yard. If restoration is not finished in 2018 because the weather is unconducive for permanent restoration, Q3 Contracting will temporarily restore the hard and soft surfaces affected by Michels Corporation’s construction. Q3 Contracting will return in the spring and summer 2019 construction season to permanently restore these areas.
What are the estimated traffic impacts?
- Two-way traffic will be maintained during construction. No full road closures are expected.
- Construction will occur in segments along the construction route, rather than all at once. Lane restrictions are anticipated in areas where active construction is occurring and are necessary to keep both the public and construction personnel safe.
How may the natural gas service line installations affect customers?
- As part of this main project, the crews will be replacing several natural gas service lines that connect from the main to the customer’s property. Customers will experience a short disruption of gas service as the crews are installing the gas service line.
- Crews may have to dig in the ground on your property in the utility easement to complete the task of service and main distribution line replacement. If a customer’s property is disturbed, CNP will restore the hard and soft surfaces affected by construction at no cost to you.
What is CenterPoint Energy’s mission, and how can I contact CenterPoint Energy?
At CenterPoint Energy, we are committed to providing timely and relevant information to our customers and the general public to minimize inconvenience or disruption due to our construction activities. CNP has provided safe, clean and efficient natural gas service to Minnesota communities for more than 145 years. We are proud of this record and strive to improve it by educating the public about the benefits of natural gas at CenterPointEnergy.com/BeSafe.
Updates will be posted on the Project Status page below. In addition, you can contact one of the following CenterPoint Energy resources. Please reference the project name or number 87915263:
Communication Specialist, Hannah Gullickson
We appreciate your business and look forward to continuing to serve you.