Project Status - Minneapolis - 6th Street S.
- Crews from CenterPoint Energy’s authorized contractor, Michels Corporation, have replaced natural gas main on 6th Street S. between Cedar Avenue S. and 23rd Avenue S. along the project route.
- The crews will replace natural gas main on 6th Street S. between 1600 6th Street S. and Cedar Avenue S. until approximately September 6. Afterward the crews will work north on Cedar Avenue S. from 6th Street S. to 5th Street S. During active construction the crews will be shifting traffic.
Crews from CenterPoint Energy’s authorized contractor, Michels Corporation, have installed natural gas main on 6th Street S. from Riverside Avenue to 20th Avenue S. From today on Monday, August 5, to the end of this week, the crews will install natural gas main on 6th Street S. from 20th Avenue S. to Cedar Avenue S. During active construction on 6th Street S., the crews are working along the southern (eastbound) lane and have shifted traffic. Parking is available on the opposite side from where the crews are working.
Where, when, and why is CenterPoint Energy performing construction?
From the week of July 22 to early fall 2019, CenterPoint Energy’s authorized contractor, Michels Corporation, will be replacing natural gas mains in Minneapolis. Construction will take place along 6th Street S. from Cedar Avenue S. to 23rd Avenue S.; Cedar Avenue S. from 5th to 6th Streets S.; and 5th Street S. from Cedar Avenue S. to 19th Avenue S.
What are the estimated traffic impacts?
- Residents and local businesses will have access to their properties.
- CenterPoint Energy’s authorized contractor, Q3 Contracting, will restore the areas affected by Michels Corporation’s construction outside the limits of the city’s project—typically the boulevard, lawn, sidewalk and road.
What is CenterPoint Energy’s mission, and how can I contact CenterPoint Energy?At CenterPoint Energy, we are committed to providing timely and relevant information to our customers and the general public to minimize inconvenience or disruption due to our construction activities. CNP has provided safe, clean and efficient natural gas service to Minnesota communities for more than 145 years. We are proud of this record and strive to improve it by educating the public about the benefits of natural gas at CenterPointEnergy.com/BeSafe.
Updates will be posted on this Project Status page. For any questions, you can contact one of the following resources:
- Hannah Gullickson – 612-321-5546
Please reference the project name or number 87448959 when calling. We appreciate your business and look forward to continuing to serve you. Thank you very much.