Project Status - Minneapolis - 2nd Street SE and 11th Avenue SE
CenterPoint Energy’s authorized contractor, Q3 Contracting, temporarily restored the areas affected by Minnesota Limited’s work. The crews will return in spring or summer 2019 to permanently restore the affected areas. For examples of permanent and temporary restoration, please see our Restoration Practices and Updates page.
We appreciate your patience as we finish our 2018 construction season and wish you a Happy Holiday season!
CenterPoint Energy’s authorized contractor, Minnesota Limited, finished installing the natural gas main for the project during the week of October 29, 2018. Starting on November 13 or 14, Minnesota Limited will begin restoring the concrete and blacktop areas affected by their construction. This restoration will take approximately 10 to 14 days. After this, the crews will restore the soft surfaces affected by their construction. CenterPoint Energy wants to thank you for your patience during the construction process. CenterPoint Energy’s work will be done in coordination with the City of Minneapolis for the city’s “10th Avenue SE Bridge Rehab” project. For more information on the project or to see more city projects, please visit the city’s Public Works Capital Improvement Projects (CIP) web page.
Where, when, and why is CenterPoint Energy performing construction?Beginning on Monday, October 15, and ending within mid-November 2018, CenterPoint Energy’s authorized contractor, Michels Corporation, will be replacing natural gas mains and connecting natural gas service lines to the installed mains in Minneapolis along 2nd Street SE and 11th Avenue SE.
CenterPoint Energy’s work will be done in coordination with the City of Minneapolis for the city’s “10th Avenue SE Bridge Rehab” project. For more information on the project, please visit the city’s Public Works Capital Improvement Projects (CIP)
What are the estimated traffic impacts?
- Local businesses and residents will have access to their properties. Although there will be no full closures, pedestrian and bike traffic will be detoured away from the construction area for approximately one week. This detour will take place early in the project’s duration.
- Construction will occur in segments along the construction route, rather than all at once. Lane restrictions are anticipated in areas where active construction is occurring and are necessary to keep both the public and construction personnel safe.
- Crews from Q3 Contracting, an authorized CenterPoint Energy contractor, will restore the areas affected by CenterPoint Energy’s construction—typically the utility easement, the street, and the customer’s yard.
How may the natural gas service line installations affect customers?
- As part of this main project, the crews will be replacing several natural gas service lines that connect from the main to the customer’s property. Customers will experience a short disruption of gas service as the crews are installing the gas service line.
- Crews may have to dig in the ground on your property in the utility easement to complete the task of service and main distribution line replacement. If a customer’s property is disturbed, CNP will restore the hard and soft surfaces affected by construction at no cost to you.
What is CenterPoint Energy’s mission, and how can I contact CenterPoint Energy?
At CenterPoint Energy, we are committed to providing timely and relevant information to our customers and the general public to minimize inconvenience or disruption due to our construction activities. CNP has provided safe, clean and efficient natural gas service to Minnesota communities for more than 145 years. We are proud of this record and strive to improve it by educating the public about the benefits of natural gas at CenterPointEnergy.com/BeSafe.
Frequent updates will be posted on this Project Status page. In addition, you can contact one of the following CenterPoint Energy resources. Please reference the project name or number 85371890:
Communication Specialist, Hannah Gullickson:
We appreciate your business and look forward to continuing to serve you.