Minneapolis - 25th Avenue N. from Irving to Aldrich Avenues N.
Scheduled Start Date: Week of May 31, 2021
- If you contact CenterPoint Energy for any questions, please reference the project’s name or number 93275453.
What will CenterPoint Energy do?
Beginning in the week of May 31 and lasting into summer 2021, CenterPoint Energy’s authorized contractors will work in Minneapolis along the following streets:
- 25th Avenue N. between Irving and Dupont Avenues N.
- The intersection of Aldrich Avenue N. and 25th Avenue N.
- Irving, Humboldt, Girard and Aldrich Avenues N. between 25th and 26th Avenues N.
While Michels Corporation will replace two natural gas mains, connect the natural gas service lines to the first of the new mains, and move any inside residential meters outside, Q3 Contracting will restore the areas affected by Michels Corporation’s work.
What are the traffic impacts?Full closures of the affected roads will occur for approx. two blocks at a time. Detour routes will lead through traffic to the next block or two over. Sidewalk closures will alternate as needed to maintain pedestrian access. Parking will be restricted on both sides of the road within the closures. The crews will work with residents on maintaining access.
There will be full closures along the following roads. Closures will alternate rather than happen all at once:
- On 25th Avenue N. between Irving and Girard Avenues N. and on Humboldt and Girard Avenues N. between 25th and 26th Avenues N. Detour routes to Irving, Fremont, Emerson and 26th Avenues N.
- Irving Avenue N. between 25th and 26th Avenues N. Detour routes to 25th, 26th, Fremont and Emerson Avenues N.
- A short section of Girard Avenue N. at 26th Avenue N. Detour routes to 25th, 26th, Fremont and Emerson Avenues N.
- 25th Avenue N. between Girard and Emerson Avenues N. Drivers can travel on Fremont Avenue N. Detour routes to Girard, Emerson, Dupont and 26th Avenues N.
- 25th Avenue N. between Fremont and Dupont Avenues N. Drivers can travel on Emerson Avenue N. Detour routes to Girard, Fremont, Dupont and 24th Avenues N.
- 25th Avenue N. from Aldrich Avenue N. to the alley between Aldrich and Bryant Avenues N. Detour routes to Bryant, Lyndale, 24th and 26th Avenues N. The intersection of Aldrich and 25th Avenues N. will be closed during this time.
- A short section of Aldrich Avenue N. at 26th Avenue N. Detour routes to Lyndale, 24th and 26th Avenues N.
What is CenterPoint Energy’s COVID-19 policy?
The construction crews and personnel will continue to use the Covid-19 Customer Permission Flyer
, which requests customer permission prior to entering homes. Personnel, contractors and CenterPoint Energy employees will continue to practice CDC guidelines regarding social distancing, sanitary practices and wearing face masks when entering customer homes.
What if I have an inside gas meter?
The customer will receive a CenterPoint Energy postcard in the mail typically within one or two weeks prior to the day when the Michels Corporation crews will perform the work. The crews will have CenterPoint Energy-authorized photo IDs stating that they are employees of Michels Corporation.
After the customer receives the postcard, the foreman will arrive at the customer’s house to schedule an appointment that typically meets with the customer’s schedule. If the customer isn’t home when he arrives, he will leave a door tag with his contact information to schedule an appointment with him.
Customers are advised to set aside a two- to four-hour time frame for the inside-to-outside gas meter move. They are also advised to mark their privately-installed utilities such as dog fences or sprinklers. Marking can be accomplished with tools such as spray paint or utility flags. The foreman will access the natural gas meter inside the house, move the meter outside, and relight the natural gas appliance pilot lights after the new meter has been relocated.
Customers with outside meters will be notified prior to the replacement or connection of the service lines to the new mains. Areas affected by our work will be restored to their original condition.