Minneapolis - 24th Avenue N. Belt Line
Scheduled Start Date: October 8, 2018
Where, when, and why is CenterPoint Energy performing construction?
CenterPoint Energy’s authorized contractor, Minnesota Limited, will be replacing the natural gas system in the Minneapolis neighborhood along 24th Avenue N. between Washington Avenue N. and 2nd Street N., and also between 3rd Street N. and a block west of Fremont Avenue N. Crews from Q3 Contracting, an authorized CenterPoint Energy contractor, will restore the areas affected by CenterPoint Energy’s construction—typically the soft surface areas and the street. Construction is expected to begin on Monday, October 8, and last until mid-December 2018.
What are the estimated traffic impacts?
- Local businesses and residents will have access to their properties.
- As one to two block segments of 24th Avenue N. are affected by active construction, detour signs will be posted.
- As the crews will progress along 24th Avenue N., one or two of the intersections will be closed at a time and then reopened. Each closure will last from one to five business days to allow for the pipeline replacement. Detour signs will be posted.
- Metro Transit’s bus stops may be moved one or two blocks away from the route during construction; then they will be relocated back to their original stops when the closures are lifted. To view the bus stop details, please visit Metro Transit’s website here.
- Construction will occur in segments along the construction route, rather than all at once. Lane restrictions are anticipated in areas where active construction is occurring and are necessary to keep both the public and construction personnel safe.
What is CenterPoint Energy’s mission, and how can I contact CenterPoint Energy?
At CenterPoint Energy, we are committed to providing timely and relevant information to our customers and the general public to minimize inconvenience or disruption due to our construction activities. CNP has provided safe, clean and efficient natural gas service to Minnesota communities for more than 145 years. We are proud of this record and strive to improve it by educating the public about the benefits of natural gas at CenterPointEnergy.com/BeSafe.
Frequent updates will be posted on the Project Status page below. In addition, you can contact one of the following CenterPoint Energy resources:
- email: email@example.com
- phone: 612-321-5369
Communication Specialist, Hannah Gullickson Restoration Department
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- phone: 612-321-5042
Please reference the “24th Avenue N. Belt Line” project or number 86129072. We appreciate your business and look forward to continuing to serve you.