Maple Grove – Elm Creek Elementary Area
Scheduled Start Date: August 4, 2021
- If you contact CenterPoint Energy for any questions, please reference the project’s name or number 96721906.
Beginning in early August and lasting into fall 2021, CenterPoint Energy’s authorized contractors will work in Maple Grove along the following streets:
What will CenterPoint Energy do?
- Revere Lane N. between 101st Avenue N. and 97th Place N.
- 100th Avenue N. and 99th Place N. between Revere Lane N. and Jefferson Highway
- Quaker Lane N., Nathan Lane N., Pilgrim Way N. and Monticello Lane N. between 101st Avenue N. and 99th Place N.
Michels Corporation will replace natural gas mains, connect the natural gas service lines to the new mains, and move any inside residential meters outside. Q3 Contracting will restore the areas affected by Michels Corporation’s work. Lane, sidewalk and parking will occur where the crews are working.
What is CenterPoint Energy’s COVID-19 protocol?
The construction crews and personnel will continue to use the Covid-19 Customer Permission Flyer
, which requests customer permission prior to entering homes. Personnel, contractors and CenterPoint Energy employees will continue to practice CDC guidelines regarding social distancing, sanitary practices and wearing face masks when entering customer homes.
What if I have an inside gas meter?
- The customer will receive a CenterPoint Energy postcard in the mail typically within one or two weeks prior to the day when the Michels Corporation crews will perform the work. The crews will have CenterPoint Energy-authorized photo IDs stating that they are employees of Michels Corporation.
- After the customer receives the postcard, the foreman will arrive at the customer’s house to schedule an appointment that typically meets with the customer’s schedule. If the customer isn’t home when they arrive, they will leave a door tag with their contact information to schedule an appointment.
- Customers are advised to set aside a two- to four-hour time frame for the inside-to-outside gas meter move. They are also advised to mark their privately-installed utilities such as dog fences or sprinklers. Marking can be accomplished with tools such as spray paint or utility flags.
- The foreman will access the natural gas meter inside the house, move the meter outside, and relight the natural gas appliance pilot lights after the new meter has been relocated. Customers with outside meters will be notified prior to the replacement or connection of the service lines to the new mains.
What should I expect during restoration?
Crews from Q3 Contracting will follow to restore the areas affected by Michels Corporation’s work, including hard and soft surfaces. On the soft surfaces such as boulevards and lawns, various erosion control measures keep the restored area moist, hold seed in the soil, and enhance seed germination. If an erosion blanket is needed it is secured in place with staples. The mesh is a wood fiber that will completely degrade. Prior to mowing the restored area, remove any loose staples that secured the blanket. For photo examples, please visit our Restoration Practices