Jordan - 2021 Infrastructure Improvements
Scheduled Start Date: May 10, 2021
What will CenterPoint Energy do?
Beginning on May 10 and lasting into summer 2021, CenterPoint Energy’s authorized contractors will work in Jordan along the following streets:
- 2nd Street between Mertens Street and Rice Street and at Broadway Street N.
- 3rd Street between Mertens Street and Broadway Street N.
- 4th Street between Wood Street and Broadway Street N.
- 6th Street between Syndicate Street and Varner Street
- Wood Street and Wood Circle from 3rd Street to the cul-de-sac
- The cul-de-sac from 4th Street W.
- Varner Street between 4th Street E. and 6th Street E.
- Broadway Street N. from 2nd Street E. to just north of 4th Street E.
- The alleys between Mertens Street, Broadway Street, 3rd Street and 2nd Street, and between 4th Street, 3rd Street, West Street and Broadway Street.
While Michels Corporation will replace the natural gas mains, connect the natural gas service lines to the new mains, and move any inside residential meters outside, Q3 Contracting will restore the areas affected by Michels Corporation’s work outside the limits of the City of Jordan’s 2021 Infrastructure Improvements project
. The crews will move the mains from the project’s alleys to the streets listed in the project’s routes.
What are the traffic impacts?
For most of the project’s duration, lane, parking and sidewalk closures will occur on the side of the road where the crews are working. Some full road closures will occur on Mertens Street at 2nd Street; 4th Street at Broadway Street; Rice Street at 3rd Street.; and the project’s alleys. Detour signs will direct through traffic to the next block over. Local access will be maintained. The crews will be on site to help with access.
What is CenterPoint Energy’s COVID-19 protocol?
According to the Governor of Minnesota’s order
, gas main replacement is an essential work function. This allows for the modernization of related gas facilities. The gas main work requires excavations in various locations in the right-of-way (front yard) to facilitate the installation work.
As social distancing practices and proper use of PPE, face masks and gloves have become normalized and as customers are willing to allow properly protected personnel into their homes to complete required work to modernize gas facilities, which is essential work, CenterPoint Energy authorized contractors will enter customer homes to complete work only with customer permission.
The purpose of this letter is to advise that with customer permission, crews will now enter homes to complete necessary gas meter work. If you choose not to allow crews to enter your home, gas service will not be interrupted, and we will reschedule for a time better suited to concerns you may have. Crews will continue to replace service lines. Crews may have to dig in the ground on your property in the utility easement and next to your home to complete the task of service line replacement.