Janesville – 2nd Street and Front Street
Scheduled Start Date: November 18, 2021
- If you contact CenterPoint Energy for any questions, please reference the project’s name or number 97111827.
Beginning in the week of November 15, lasting into December, and resuming in spring 2022, CenterPoint Energy’s authorized contractors will work in Janesville along the following streets:
What will CenterPoint Energy do?
- 2nd Street from West Street N. to Market Street N.
- Front Street from Short Street N. to the alley between Main and Market Streets N.
- West Street N. from 2nd Street to 317 West Street N.
- Skookum and Craig Streets N. from Front Street W. to the alley between Front and 1st Streets
- Mott Street N. from Front to 1st Streets
- The alley between Mott and Main Streets N. from 1st to 2nd Streets
- The alley between Main and Market Streets N. from Front to 2nd Streets
- Market Street N. from 2nd to 3rd Streets
While Michels Corporation will replace the natural gas mains, connect the service lines to the new mains, and move any inside meters outside, Q3 Contracting will restore the areas affected by Michels Corporation’s work. Michels Corporation will replace the mains this November and December and will connect the service lines in spring.
This fall and winter, Q3 Contracting will put winter erosion control in the affected areas. This will include temporary asphalt on areas that were previously concrete, and hydroseed and netting on boulevards and lawns. In 2022, permanent restoration will follow the final natural gas work. We appreciate your patience as we upgrade our natural gas lines.