Edina – 54th, Fuller and 55th Streets W.
Scheduled Start Date: May 13, 2021
Beginning on May 13 and lasting into summer 2021, CenterPoint Energy’s authorized contractors will work in Edina along the following streets:
- 54th Street W. between France and Zenith Avenues S. with crossings to each intersection except France Avenue S.
- Fuller Street from France Avenue S. to Abbott Place
- 55th Street W. from Ewing Circle to Beard Avenue S.
- Drew Avenue S. between Fuller Street and 55th Street W.
- Beard Avenue S. between Fuller Street and 54th Street W.
- Abbot Place from Fuller Street to 54th Street W.
While Michels Corporation will replace the natural gas main, connect the natural gas service lines to the new main, and move any inside residential meters outside, Q3 Contracting will restore the areas affected by Michels Corporation’s work outside the limits of the City of Edina’s “Creek Knoll A & B Neighborhood Roadway Reconstruction
What are the traffic impacts?
- Parking and lane closures may occur. Near the intersection of France Avenue S. and 54th Street W., parking will be restricted on both sides of the streets while the crews work in the southeastern corner of the intersection. Entrances to driveways and parking lots will remain open. The sidewalk in the southeastern corner of the intersection will be closed.
- Parking will be restricted on both sides of 54th Street W. from Beard to Zenith Avenues S. and just north and south of the intersections along this route.
What is CenterPoint Energy’s COVID-19 policy?
The construction crews and personnel will continue to use the Covid-19 Customer Permission Flyer
, which requests customer permission prior to entering homes. Personnel, contractors and CenterPoint Energy employees will continue to practice CDC guidelines regarding social distancing, sanitary practices and wearing face masks when entering customer homes.
What if I have an inside gas meter?
The customer will receive a CenterPoint Energy postcard in the mail typically within one or two weeks prior to the day when the Michels Corporation crews will perform the work. The crews will have CenterPoint Energy-authorized photo IDs stating that they are employees of Michels Corporation.
After the customer receives the postcard, the foreman will arrive at the customer’s house to schedule an appointment that typically meets with the customer’s schedule. If the customer isn’t home when he arrives, he will leave a door tag with his contact information to schedule an appointment with him.
Customers are advised to set aside a two- to four-hour time frame for the inside-to-outside gas meter move. They are also advised to mark their privately-installed utilities such as dog fences or sprinklers. Marking can be accomplished with tools such as spray paint or utility flags. The foreman will access the natural gas meter inside the house, move the meter outside, and relight the natural gas appliance pilot lights after the new meter has been relocated.
Customers with outside meters will be notified prior to the replacement or connection of the service lines to the new mains. Areas affected by our work will be restored to their original condition.