Brooklyn Park – East of Central Park
Scheduled Start Date: TBD
- If you contact CenterPoint Energy for any questions, please reference the project’s name or number 98761248.
At a time that is to be determined, CenterPoint Energy’s authorized contractors will work in Brooklyn Park along the following streets:
What will CenterPoint Energy do?
- Noble Avenue N. from 85th Avenue N. to Brookdale Drive N.
- 82nd Avenue N. from Noble Avenue N. to 83rd Avenue N.
- 83rd Avenue N. from Noble to France Avenues N.
- 81st Lane N. from Noble to Lee Avenues N. and from Perry to Regent Avenues N.
- 81st Avenue N. from Orchard to Noble Avenues N. and from June to France Avenues N.
- Quail and Perry Avenues N. from 81st Lane N. to Brookdale Drive N.
- Orchard Avenue N. from 81st Avenue N. to Brookdale Drive N.
- Lee Avenue N. from 82nd Avenue N. to 81st Lane N.
- The cul-de-sac of Kyle Avenue N. south of 82nd Avenue N.
- June Avenue N. from 83rd Avenue N. to Brookdale Drive N.
- 80th Avenue N. from Halifax to France Avenues N.
- 79th Lane N. from June to France Avenues N.
- Halifax Avenue N. from 81st Avenue N. to Brookdale Drive N.
- France Avenue N. from 83rd Avenue N. to Brookdale Drive N.
While one contractor will replace the natural gas mains, connect the natural gas service lines to the new mains, and move any inside meters outside, another will restore the areas affected by the work. During this time, lane shifts will occur. Parking may be restricted on the side of the street where the crews are working.
The customer will receive a CenterPoint Energy postcard in the mail typically within one or two weeks prior to the day when the natural gas crews will perform the work. The crews will have CenterPoint Energy-authorized photo IDs.
What if I have an inside gas meter?
After the customer receives the postcard, the foreman will arrive at the customer’s house to schedule an appointment that typically meets with the customer’s schedule. If the customer isn’t home when they arrive, they will leave a door tag with their contact information to schedule an appointment with them.
Customers are advised to set aside a two- to four-hour time frame for the inside-to-outside gas meter move. They are also advised to mark their privately-installed utilities such as dog fences or sprinklers. Marking can be accomplished with tools such as spray paint or utility flags. The foreman will access the natural gas meter inside the house, move the meter outside, and relight the natural gas appliance pilot lights after the new meter has been relocated.
Customers with outside meters will be notified prior to the replacement or connection of the service lines to the new mains. Areas affected by our work will be restored to their original condition.
What should I expect during restoration?
On the soft surfaces such as boulevards and lawns, various erosion control measures keep the restored area moist, hold seed in the soil, and enhance seed germination. If an erosion blanket is needed it is secured in place with staples. The mesh is a wood fiber that will completely degrade. Prior to mowing the restored area, remove any loose staples that secured the blanket. For photo examples, please visit our Restoration Practices