Brooklyn Center – 57th to 59th Avenues N., Logan to Colfax Avenues N.
Scheduled Start Date: March 22, 2021
What will CenterPoint Energy do?
From March 22 to late spring 2021, CenterPoint Energy’s authorized contractors will work in Brooklyn Center along the following streets:
- The north side of 59th between Knox and Humboldt Avenues N. and at Colfax Avenue N.
- The east side of Logan Avenue N. between Lilac Drive N. and 58th Avenue N. and at 57th Avenue N.
- The east side of Knox Avenue N. between 57th and 59th Avenues N.
- The east side of James Avenue N. between 58th and 59th Avenues N.
- The east side of Irving Avenue N. between 57th and 59th Avenues N.
- The west side of Humboldt Avenue N. between 57th and 59th Avenues N.
- The east side of Girard Avenue N. between 57th and 59th Avenues N.
- The east side of Fremont Avenue N. between 57th and 59th Avenues N.
- The east side of Emerson Avenue N. between 57th and 59th Avenues N.
While Michels Corporation will replace the natural gas main, connect the natural gas service lines to the new main, and move any inside residential meters outside, Q3 Contracting will restore the areas affected by Michels Corporation’s work. This is a continuation from CenterPoint Energy’s 2019 and 2020 natural gas line replacements north of 59th Avenue N
What is CenterPoint Energy’s COVID-19 protocol?
According to the Governor of Minnesota’s order
, gas main replacement is an essential work function. This allows for the modernization of related gas facilities. The gas main work requires excavations in various locations in the right-of-way (front yard) to facilitate the installation work.
As social distancing practices and proper use of PPE, face masks and gloves have become normalized and as customers are willing to allow properly protected personnel into their homes to complete required work to modernize gas facilities, which is essential work, CenterPoint Energy authorized contractors will enter customer homes to complete work only with customer permission.
The purpose of this flyer is to advise that with customer permission, crews will now enter homes to complete necessary gas meter work. If you choose not to allow crews to enter your home, gas service will not be interrupted, and we will reschedule for a time better suited to concerns you may have. Crews will continue to replace service lines. Crews may have to dig in the ground on your property in the utility easement and next to your home to complete the task of service line replacement.