Blaine - Park of Four Seasons Neighborhood
Scheduled Start Date: October 6, 2022
- If you contact CenterPoint Energy for any questions, please reference the project’s name or number 103731497.
Beginning in early October, lasting into November, and potentially resuming in spring 2023, CenterPoint Energy’s authorized contractors will work in Park of Four Seasons in Blaine. Michels Corporation will replace the natural gas mains this fall and connect the natural gas service lines to the new mains in spring. Q3 Contracting will restore the areas affected by Michels Corporation’s work. During this time, parking closures may occur. The crews will work along the following streets:
What will CenterPoint Energy do?
- 116th Avenue NE, 115th Lane NE, and 115th Avenue NE between 4th Street NE and 6th Place NE
- 4th Street NE between 114th Lane NE and 116th Avenue NE
- 6th Place NE between 116th Avenue NE and 113th Lane NE
- 113th and 114th Lanes NE between 5th Street NE and 6th Place NE
- 5th Street NE, 5th Place NE, 6th Street NE, and 6th Place NE between 113th and 114th Lanes NE
- 111th, 112th, and 113th Squares NE at 6th Street NE
- 6th Street NE between 111th and 113th Squares NE
Customers will be notified prior to the connection of the service lines to the new mains. The customer will receive a CenterPoint Energy postcard in the mail typically within one or two weeks prior to the day when the Michels Corporation crews will perform the work. The crews will have CenterPoint Energy-authorized photo IDs stating that they are employees of Michels Corporation.
Customers are advised to mark their privately-installed utilities such as dog fences or sprinklers. Marking can be accomplished with tools such as spray paint or utility flags.
Areas affected by our work will be restored to their original condition. Depending on the weather, Q3 Contracting may put down temporary restoration, such as asphalt on previously concrete surfaces and winter erosion control on boulevards and lawns, before returning in 2023 to permanently restore these areas.
What should I expect during soft surface restoration?
On the soft surfaces such as boulevards and lawns, various erosion control measures keep the restored area moist, hold seed in the soil, and enhance seed germination. If an erosion blanket is needed it is secured in place with staples. The mesh is a wood fiber that will completely degrade. Prior to mowing the restored area, remove any loose staples that secured the blanket.