Amboy – Natural Gas Line Replacements
Scheduled Start Date: July 20, 2022
- If you contact CenterPoint Energy for any questions, please reference the project’s name or number 98435594.
From Wednesday, July 20 into fall 2022, CenterPoint Energy’s authorized contractors will work in Amboy along the following streets:
What will CenterPoint Energy do?
- Pearl Street W. from Radke to State Streets N.
- North Street from Radke to State Streets N. and from 1st to 4th Avenues N.
- State Street N. from Maine Street E. (Highway 30) to Pearl Street W.
- South Street W. from Stevens Road S. to West Street S.
- Stevens and Truwe Streets from Maine Street E. to South Street W.
- The alley between North and Maine Streets E. from 1st to 3rd Avenues N.
- Maine Street E. from 2nd to 4th Avenues N.
- 2nd Avenue N. from Maine Street E. to the alley between Pleasant and Prairie Streets E.
- 4th Avenue N. from North Street E. to the alley between Pleasant and Prairie Streets E.
- South Street E. from 1st to 4th Avenues S.
- Pleasant Street E. from 2nd Avenue S. to the cul-de-sac east of 4th Avenue S.
While Michels Corporation will replace the natural gas mains, connect the natural gas service lines to the new mains, and move any inside meters outside, Q3 Contracting will restore the areas affected by Michels Corporation’s work. During this time, lane shifts will occur. Parking may be restricted on the side of the street where the crews are working.
What is CenterPoint Energy’s COVID-19 protocol?
The construction crews and personnel will continue to use the Covid-19 Customer Permission Flyer
, which requests customer permission prior to entering homes. Personnel, contractors and CenterPoint Energy employees will continue to practice CDC guidelines regarding social distancing, sanitary practices and wearing face masks when entering customer homes.
The customer will receive a CenterPoint Energy postcard in the mail typically within one or two weeks prior to the day when the Michels Corporation crews will perform the work. The crews will have CenterPoint Energy-authorized photo IDs stating that they are employees of Michels Corporation.
What if I have an inside gas meter?
After the customer receives the postcard, the foreman will arrive at the customer’s house to schedule an appointment that typically meets with the customer’s schedule. If the customer isn’t home when they arrive, they will leave a door tag with their contact information to schedule an appointment with them.
Customers are advised to set aside a two- to four-hour time frame for the inside-to-outside gas meter move. They are also advised to mark their privately-installed utilities such as dog fences or sprinklers. Marking can be accomplished with tools such as spray paint or utility flags. The foreman will access the natural gas meter inside the house, move the meter outside, and relight the natural gas appliance pilot lights after the new meter has been relocated.
Customers with outside meters will be notified prior to the replacement or connection of the service lines to the new mains. Areas affected by our work will be restored to their original condition.
What should I expect during restoration?
On the soft surfaces such as boulevards and lawns, various erosion control measures keep the restored area moist, hold seed in the soil, and enhance seed germination. If an erosion blanket is needed it is secured in place with staples. The mesh is a wood fiber that will completely degrade. Prior to mowing the restored area, remove any loose staples that secured the blanket. For photo examples, please visit our Restoration Practices