CenterPoint Energy executives speak to employees, shareholders, customers, communities, business partners, and others on company operations, business partnerships, community service, leadership . . . and more.
In addition, through our Speakers' Bureau, employees share important company and community information with interested groups throughout the greater Houston area. Topics include "We Are CenterPoint Energy," “Reliability Issues," “Energy Conservation," "Deregulation," "Electrical Safety at Home and Work" and "Weathering the Storm: Hurricane Safety Tips." To arrange for a speaker, contact Geoffrey Castro at Geoffrey.Castro@CenterPointEnergy.com or call 713-207-6923.
- May 15, 2013 – “Welcome to Our Energy Future” – Scott Prochazka, Chief Operating Officer, welcomes Utilities Telecom Council delegates to the 2013k UTC annual conference in Houston with thanks for their contribution to delivering an energy future enabled by advanced telecommunications technology.
- Feb. 23, 2011 - "Take up the Spear: Charging into Our Shared Energy Future" - Kenny Mercado, Senior Vice President Regulated Operations Technology, speaks at a press conference celebrating the installation of CenterPoint Energy's one millionth smart meter in the Houston area.
- Oct. 28, 2009 - "Houston’s smart grid: transforming the future of electric distribution and energy consumption" - David McClanahan, President and CEO, speaks at a press conference announcing the awarding to CenterPoint Energy by the U.S. Dept. of Energy of a $200 million Smart Grid Investment Grant. (Video - with U.S. Secretary of the Interior Ken Salazar )
- Sept. 23, 2009 "The Role of Utility Infrastructure in Meeting the Nation's Energy Needs" - Remarks prepared for David McClanahan, President and CEO, for delivery at a Financial Research Institute conference at the University of Missouri.
- Aug. 5, 2009 - "Shovel Ready? We're Already Digging!" - Tom Standish, Group President & COO Regulated Operations, speaks at a press event announcing CenterPoint Energy's application for a $200 million stimulus fund grant from the U.S. Dept. of Energy under the American Recovery & Reinvestment Act. (Video )
- March 3, 2009 - "Digitization of the electric grid: the enabler of energy efficiency and economic gain" - Tom Standish, Group President & COO Regulated Operations, gives the keynote address at the KEMA Executive Forum.
- Jan. 23, 2009 - "Plant the Right Tree in the Right Place" - Diane Hasell, Service Area Director - Ft. Bend / Sugar Land thanks volunteers at the Missouri City Right Tree Trial tree planting event and instructs them on planting low-growing trees away from power lines to ensure the safe and reliable delivery of electricity.
- June 19, 2008 - "Visions of the Smart Grid: Deconstructing the Traditional Utility to Build the Virtual Utility" - Tom Standish, Group President & COO Regulated Operations, gives the keynote address at the U.S. Dept. of Energy's Smart Grid Implementation Workshop. (Slide presentation )May 6, 2008 - "What it Means to be a Texas Scholar" - Lucretia Ahrens, manager Corporate Community Relations presents medallions to C.E. King High School seniors who have completed the Texas Scholars program.
- April 10, 2008 - "Image of Opportunity; Portrait of Success" - David McClanahan, President and CEO, delivers the keynote address at CenterPoint Energy's annual Supplier Diversity Recognition Breakfast.
- Feb. 19, 2008 - Presentation to NARUC Commissioners - As current Chairman of the American Gas Association, CenterPoint Energy CEO David McClanahan discussed key issues facing the natural gas industry at the National Association of Regulated Utility Companies (NARUC) Winter Committee Meetings.
- Oct. 25, 2007 - "Make a Haven from the Grim Reality of Domestic Abuse -- Volunteer" - Sharon Michael Owens, V.P. Corporate Community Relations, delivers the keynote address at the inspirational banquet of the North Channel Coalition, operator of Betty's Haven women's shelter.
- May 11, 2007 - Byron Kelley, [former] V.P. and Group President of CenterPoint Energy Pipelines & Field Services, described the challenges of building the company's 172-mile Carthage to Perryville Pipeline at a ribbon cutting ceremony.
- May 11, 2007 - CEO David McClanahan discusses the importance of the Carthage to Perryvill Pipeline to CenterPoint Energy, local economies along the pipeline and natural gas supplies in the eastern U.S.
- April 11, 2007 - "High Goals In Sight: High Standards Intact" - CEO David McClanahan congratulates CenterPoint Energy employees and business partners on pursuing successful business solutions through supplier diversity.
- Nov. 15, 2006 - "You are the Wave" - Sharon Michael Owens, V.P. Corporate Community Relations, welcomes attendees to the 13th Annual CenterPoint Energy-sponsored Power Tools for Nonprofits conference.
- Sept. 14, 2006 - "Safety is Everybody's Business" - Georgianna Nichols, [former] Division President Houston Electric [now retired], welcomes members to the Southwest Electrical Safety Exchange fall conference in Galveston, Texas.
- Feb. 22, 2006 - "A Winning Team: Utilities and Their Communities" - Georgianna Nichols, [former] Division President Houston Electric [now retired], delivered the keynote address at the United Economic Development Association winter conference.
- Jan. 17, 2006 - "How to Become a Leader and Stay True to Yourself" - Georgianna Nichols, [former] Division President Houston Electric [now retired], delivered the keynote address at the Texas Diversity Council's Women in Leadership Symposium.