CenterPoint Energy executives speak to employees, shareholders, customers, communities, business partners, and others on company operations, business partnerships, community service, leadership . . . and more.
In addition, through our Speakers' Bureau, employees share important information on energy-related topics with interested groups throughout the greater Houston area. Topics include electrical safety, natural gas safety, energy conservation, hurricane preparedness, “right tree/right place,” reliability issues, and smart grid/smart meters. To arrange for a speaker, contact Geoffrey Castro at Geoffrey.Castro@CenterPointEnergy.com or call 713-207-6923 at least three weeks in advance. We offer presentations six days a week, Monday-Saturday. A limited number of Spanish speakers are available. If you need a Spanish presentation, please provide as much advance notice as possible.
- Sept. 8, 2014 – statement by President and CEO Scott Prochazka at the U.S. Department of Energy Quadrennial Energy Review on Electricity Transmission, Storage, and Distribution public meeting for the eastern U.S.
- April 24, 2014 – Board Chairman Milton Carroll welcomes shareholders to CenterPoint Energy’s 2014 Annual Shareholders Meeting (Slide Presentation)
- April 24, 2014 – President and CEO Scott Prochazka reports on CenterPoint Energy’s performance in 2013 and conducts the official business of the company’s 2014 Annual Shareholders Meeting (Slide Presentation)
- April 3, 2014 – “Seasons of Growth: a Springboard to Progress” – Scott Prochazka, President and CEO, speaks to CenterPoint Energy employees and business partners at the company’s annual Supplier Diversity Breakfast honoring partnerships between CenterPoint Energy and small businesses and Minority-and-Women-owned Business Enterprises.
- April 2, 2014 – “Four Concerns for Houston’s Future: the Case for Expanding the Capacity of Electricity Into Houston” – Scott Prochazka, President and CEO delivers the closing keynote address at the Gulf Coast Power Association 2014 Spring Conference. (Slide Presentation)
- Jan. 29, 2014 - “Building Bridges of Respect, Understanding, and Support” – remarks prepared for President and CEO Scott Prochazka for delivery at CenterPoint Energy’s Community Partners Welcome Reception to honor retiring CEO David McClanahan and reaffirm CenterPoint Energy’s commitment to being a good corporate citizen and good community partner.
- Oct. 25, 2013 – “We shall not be moved: the NAACP and Houston solving problems, creating opportunity,” remarks prepared for [former] CEO and President David McClanahan to deliver at the NAACP Houston Freedom Fund Gala
- May 15, 2013 – “Welcome to Our Energy Future” – Scott Prochazka, President and CEO, welcomes Utilities Telecom Council delegates to the 2013 UTC annual conference in Houston with thanks for their contribution to delivering an energy future enabled by advanced telecommunications technology.
- March 7, 2013 – “CenterPoint Energy’s Three Pillars of Diversity” – remarks prepared for Dean Woods, [former] VP of Human Resources, to the Houston Asian Chamber of Commerce, discussing CenterPoint Energy’s commitment to diverse communities, a diverse workforce, and diverse suppliers.
- Feb. 23, 2011 - "Take up the Spear: Charging into Our Shared Energy Future" - Kenny Mercado, Senior Vice President Regulated Operations Technology, speaks at a press conference celebrating the installation of CenterPoint Energy's one millionth smart meter in the Houston area.
- Oct. 28, 2009 - "Houston’s smart grid: transforming the future of electric distribution and energy consumption" - David McClanahan, [former] President and CEO, speaks at a press conference announcing the awarding to CenterPoint Energy by the U.S. Dept. of Energy of a $200 million Smart Grid Investment Grant. (Video - with U.S. Secretary of the Interior Ken Salazar )
- Sept. 23, 2009 "The Role of Utility Infrastructure in Meeting the Nation's Energy Needs" - Remarks prepared for [former] David McClanahan, President and CEO, for delivery at a Financial Research Institute conference at the University of Missouri.
- Aug. 5, 2009 - "Shovel Ready? We're Already Digging!" - Tom Standish, [former] Group President & COO Regulated Operations, speaks at a press event announcing CenterPoint Energy's application for a $200 million stimulus fund grant from the U.S. Dept. of Energy under the American Recovery & Reinvestment Act. (Video )
- March 3, 2009 - "Digitization of the electric grid: the enabler of energy efficiency and economic gain" - Tom Standish, [former] Group President & COO Regulated Operations, gives the keynote address at the KEMA Executive Forum.
- Jan. 23, 2009 - "Plant the Right Tree in the Right Place" - Diane Englet, Senior Director of Corporate Community Relations thanks volunteers at the Missouri City Right Tree Trial tree planting event and instructs them on planting low-growing trees away from power lines to ensure the safe and reliable delivery of electricity.
- June 19, 2008 - "Visions of the Smart Grid: Deconstructing the Traditional Utility to Build the Virtual Utility" - Tom Standish, [former] Group President & COO Regulated Operations, gives the keynote address at the U.S. Dept. of Energy's Smart Grid Implementation Workshop. (Slide presentation )