There are several outdoor attractions to entertain you during your stay in New Braunfels, from golfing to waterparks to hill country vineyards.
Parks and outdoors:
- Canyon Lake
- Natural Bridge Caverns
- Natural Bridge Wildlife Ranch
- New Braunfels Walks
- River outfitters
Fast facts about New Braunfels sports and recreation:
- The 65-acre Schlitterbahn is the most popular summertime waterpark in the United States.
- Schlitterbahn means "slippery road" in German.
- Several of Schlitterbahn's original tube chutes and pools use spring water from the Comal River.
- The City Tube Chute on the Comal River is the longest tube chute in the world.
- Discovered in 1960 and opened to the public on July 3, 1964, Natural Bridge Caverns is the largest show cave in Texas.
- Natural Bridge Caverns was designated as a State Historical Site in 1967 and became a Registered National Natural Landmark in 1971.
- Natural Bridge Wildlife Ranch boasts 50 different species of animals, including llamas, ostriches, zebras, lemurs, giraffes and rhinocerous.
- The more than 500 animals residing at Natural Bridge Wildlife Ranch consume approximately one million pounds of alfalfa hay and 200,000 pounds of grains and supplements every year.