Minneapolis has a wide variety of cultural events for every audience. Please select a link for more information.
Museums and galleries:
Other areas of interest:
Fast facts about the arts in Minneapolis:
- There are 57 museums in Minneapolis-St. Paul.
- Minneapolis-St. Paul has more museums than any other metro area in the United States, outside of Chicago and Washington, D.C.
- Chanhassen Dinner Theatres is the largest dinner theater in the nation.
- The Children's Theatre Company is the leading professional theatre company for young people in North America, and among the three largest in the world.
- The Minnesota Opera is the 15th largest opera company in the nation.
- The Minnesota Orchestra was founded in 1903 as the Minneapolis Symphony Orchestra. In the 1920s, it became one of the first orchestras to be heard on recordings, as well as on the radio.